PDA

View Full Version : Join Me!!!

barrywin
26-11-09, 09:47
Hi All,

I know we all suffer from panic/anxiety and depression. We all know that so what's new?

Today -- yes this very morning -- let's start off by brushing our teeth with the other hand --- Let's break the OLD OLD habits that produce the SAME SAME results -- walk a different way to work or just do ANYTHING to break your usual habit.

Lets take charge and and walk in a different manner -- shoulders back -- move with a purpose -- lets change our physiological state even if it's for only five minutes. Imagine turning a dial on your chest from 1 through to 5 so you can feel your whole body buzzing with the electricity of LIFE.
We always ask ourselves "what's wrong"

Well -- how about we turn it around and ask ourselves "WHAT IS RIGHT" or WHAT COULD BE RIGHT??? if we wanted it to be.
Give it a go and see how your mood improves.

Today is your chance to make today a MASTERPIECE. GO FOR IT

Any feedback, positive or negative would be appreciated.
best wishes to all,
Barry

maddie
26-11-09, 10:00
A very timely post!

I'm agoraphobic. I can drive, so was going to collect my dad and drop him off for a hospital appointment. However, the car battery is flat. So in less than an hour I am going to have to walk 1 1/2 miles down a busy main road past a college to his house to use his car.

OK shoulders back... I CAN DO THIS. I'm going to take control and just keep walking....

barrywin
26-11-09, 11:01
I'm sooooooooo proud of you.

Whilst marching -- a really good way to breathe is to inhale through your nose 4 times and exhale out of your mouth 4 times. This is done to a rhythmic 4----4 beat. Inhale 4 times -- exhale 4 times. You can also use your thumb to tap your other four fingers to the same rhythm as to your breathing 4-4 beat breathing pattern This stimulates the meridien lines in your body and will give you more energy. It is clinically proven to work! I promise.

Please let me know how much you enjoy your walk!

best wishes,
barry

MAKE TODAY YOUR MASTERPIECE

Milo
26-11-09, 11:08
Great Idea Barry,

Good Luck Maddie - you can do it!

I am going to home this evening and be happy and pleasant person and love my family the way I know I can:D

barrywin
26-11-09, 11:16
Buy some flowers or do something out of the ordinary --- do the washing up, anything --- let's use our imaginations and have FUN!!!!!!

Maggie-may
26-11-09, 11:41
Interesting, will try and do something different today, not sure what as of yet, but will let everyone know what I decide tomorrow!

munkeyinblack
26-11-09, 12:19
This is a brillant post! Very inspiring. Well done you.

Munkey x

barrywin
26-11-09, 12:36
Dear Munkey,

Thank you so very much. Your kind words have made my day. Please read my previous thread entitled F.E.A.R.

Best wishes,
Barry in Thailand

This is a brillant post! Very inspiring. Well done you.

Munkey x

munkeyinblack
26-11-09, 14:28
Hi Barry,

I read your other post. I think its brilliant your doing so much to help the others on here. People could learn alot from you!

And just incase your intersted my different thing today was to dance around my living room to broadway music (difficult with a dislocated knee but it kidna worked) Definatly lifted me up!
Keep up the good work

Munkey x

maddie
26-11-09, 15:35
OK - I DID IT!!!! :D

The trouble with busy roads is that you can't hear people walking up behind you. I had 2 terrifying, heartstopping moments as I was overtaken. :scared15: I carried on, though - looked for birds in the trees, felt the wind on my face, challenged myself to get to the next lampost. I was totally out of breathe when I got to dad's but fortunately he was concentrating on his hospital appointment too much to notice. A cup of tea calmed me down. We're home now and I feel exhausted but pleased with myself.

I think I did well. :D

munkeyinblack
26-11-09, 17:19
Well done Maddie!!!! Thats Brilliant!!!!. No stopping you now !

Munkey x

Veronica H
26-11-09, 18:47
:yesyes::yesyes:well done Maddie. I will put your advice into practice tomorrow Barry and let you know how I get on....it is a great idea.

Veronica

Alicat
26-11-09, 22:36
Well done Maddie!!:bighug1::yesyes:

Thanks for the thread Barry!

looking4answers
26-11-09, 22:41
Fantastic postttttttttttttttttttt Thanks very encouraging.. Michael

maddie
27-11-09, 00:01
Thanks everyone :D

I'd encourage everyone to keep trying to achieve their goals, no matter if it takes a huge jump of faith or many small steps to get there.

kathee
27-11-09, 00:08
what a fab post....... today i did something that i know how to do just never actually do it.... when my ha kicked in, instead of pondering over and over on my sypmtoms ending up in a absolute panic, i wrote down on a piece of paper what serious illness i "thought" my symptoms represented, then wrote down 20 other every day causes of my symptoms and realistically awarded each one of them a score 1 out of 100 as to whether my symptoms could in fact be down to this cause..yep you guessed it.... the serious illness which i had initially "diagnosed" myself with got a mere one and another everyday symptom got a 90 by which time my symptoms had all but dissapeared :-) :-) thankyou xxx

maddie
27-11-09, 00:21
Great idea kathee. Well done :)

barrywin
27-11-09, 01:10
Dear Munkey,
I AM ALWAYS INTERESTED!!!! Brilliant to hear about you dancing round the room. I dance round my bedroom like a NUTTER to the theme tune from the boxing film ROCKY
I bet your mood lifted!!
Keep up the great work and it also is good as we then don't take ourselves too seriously and actually lighten up for a bit and release all the anxiety and tension/pressure we tend to put on ourselves.

have a great day and best wishes,
Barry

Hi Barry,

I read your other post. I think its brilliant your doing so much to help the others on here. People could learn alot from you!

And just incase your intersted my different thing today was to dance around my living room to broadway music (difficult with a dislocated knee but it kidna worked) Definatly lifted me up!
Keep up the good work

Munkey x

Milo
27-11-09, 06:04
Well Done Maddie and Well Done Kathee,

I stuck to my task and it worked like a charm - I feel so much better today!

Now for the Weekend - I'll keep it going and lets see what happens :-)

barrywin
27-11-09, 06:55
Dear Milo,

Good for you!!
Now - make this one of your most enjoyable weekends ever -- there are absolutely no barriers or limitations to what you can achieve.

Best wishes,
B:yesyes:arry

Well Done Maddie and Well Done Kathee,

I stuck to my task and it worked like a charm - I feel so much better today!

Now for the Weekend - I'll keep it going and lets see what happens :-)