PDA

View Full Version : are these panic attacks?

happy happy ron
26-11-09, 11:31
hi all, been suffering these attacks now for about 2 months seen dr he says they are panic attacks and has put me on citalapram but im not sure if they are or not. i keep waking up in the night heart racing, scared, mind running wild, and convincing myself im forgetting who i am, like last night i woke convinced i was in the army (im not) and couldnt get it out of my head, my eyes then started to feel achy and sore and i thought i was going blind, i got so panicy and scared i had to sit there for 10 mins counting out loud. are these things normal for panic attacks???? please someone help me..

marcc64
26-11-09, 12:34
I think your doc is right, sounds like panic attacks that wake you. It's normal to feel disoriented during such a panic attack. Trust me I've been there.

Downsinthenorth
26-11-09, 13:55
Yes, they are all symptoms of a panic attack. It's always nerve-wracking when your mind and body react like that, but particularly so when it jerks you awake like that. Is there something you can do to help yourself relax after it happens? Perhaps some form of meditation, or make yourself a hot drink, read a book, etc.

Downsinthenorth

looking4answers
26-11-09, 23:35
Welcome to NMP.. yes I have woken and couldn't remember where I was or what I was or what anything was.Its called anxiety and doesn't quit when you go to sleep ,sometimes it best to try to relax as much as possible before you go to sleep.Hope you feel better.. Michael