PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tests

marcc64
26-11-09, 13:50
Well I'm a little confused, went to my doc about my anxiety and he agrees I'm suffering from depression and health related anxiety, he told me to come back Friday (Tomorrow) to take a blood test to prove I'm fine, but I had blood tests at the hospital a couple of months back and they were fine, surely my doc would know about these, so why is he giving me another one? I mean they never even told me what they were checking for at the hospital, anyone have any ideas?

den68
26-11-09, 14:05
hes probably just doing routine checks on your thyroid etc. Im sure they will all be fine

nanny
26-11-09, 14:14
Sounds to me like he's doing it to put your mind at rest, if so then good for him.
I'm sure you'll be fine.:)

marcc64
26-11-09, 14:28
Would it be a full blood count thing or just testing for certain things? sorry but these tests confuse me lol.

blackberry1972
26-11-09, 16:07
Would it be a full blood count thing or just testing for certain things? sorry but these tests confuse me lol.

I had some blood tests taken on Monday to put my mind at ease as my Anxiety is still with me after 3 months. I'm looking forward to the Doc telling me there is nothing wrong other than anxiety and can almost imagine the feeling of relief i'm going to get when I hear the good news
Stay positive Marc

marcc64
26-11-09, 17:23
I'll try, how comes when you have blood taken at the A&E you get your results near enough instant?, but when you go to the docs and have it taken you have to wait days for the results.