PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Claire Weekes - Hope And Help For Your Nerves

newskin0318
26-11-09, 14:06
Please forgive me if this has been discussed (Which I am sure it probably has), I was unable to find a topic discussion on this.

I recently had my anxiety come back after about 5 years of being anxiety free. I am back on Zoloft, and am going to a Therapist, but somebody recommended for me Dr. Weekes's book.

Can anybody give an opinion on this?

Success with the book?

Thank you all so much for any feedback.

Veronica H
26-11-09, 14:11
:yesyes: I would suggest this book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I think her other work builds on this book. I am 80% recovered thanks to Dr Weekes and the support from NMP.

Veronica

BasilCat
26-11-09, 14:13
I think that Claire Weekes is fantastic and would recommend it to anyone with anxiety etc.

Shirley
x x x

diane07
26-11-09, 15:15
I agree claire weekes is fabulous, i would recommend it to anyone.

di xx

Maj
26-11-09, 15:40
If it wasn't for Claire's book I'd probably still have been struggling on not having a clue what was happening to me. I owe a huge part of my recovery to her. I can't praise her enough.
Myra x

nomorepanic
26-11-09, 16:57
Hi

If you click on search and enter claire weekes and search titles only you will find loads and loads of posts about her and her books...

guitarpants
26-11-09, 19:38
Hope and help for your nerves is the north american version of self help for your nerves. Same book, just different title. I just ordered it for myself as well.

ash1807
26-11-09, 20:02
I have read a lot of self help books on anxiety,nerves & depression but Claire Weekes takes a lot of complication out of it and makes it sound a simple method of undertanding and copying.

Ther book I have is 'Essential help for your nerves' . This one is more detailed version, but all are very very good

looking4answers
26-11-09, 23:17
I found it interesting and have had many people recommend it to me.. but well .. I ordered it and another..It came in first I read it and never read the other one. The guy that recommended it to me was a former anxiety sufferer that went on to go back to school and now is becoming a psychiatrist. He was on here . I would have to find his name but his personal post to me helped more than the book. He encouraged me a lot.. But the book..I guess its been good for many people but it covers many things that has nothing to do with me.. Maybe that is why I didn't get all into it but many things its good.. Michael