PDA

View Full Version : Just joined - lots to talk about

why me?
26-11-09, 14:10
Hi

I've just registered today but have been visiting the site to read posts about various symptoms and panics.
I'm looking forward to getting all my symptoms off my chest to people who understand as I think my family and friends are afraid to ask me how I am now. That standard question "Hi, how are you?" is not the best to ask me these days - just don't get me started....

Anyway, briefly for now, I had my 2nd baby at the end of January and ever since have been like a different person - symptom after symptom, digestive issues, strange pains that come and go, anger like I've never had before, worry, panic and lately a tight throat which gets worse through the day. I ended up at A&E mid October, but all tests so far have come back normal.

My GP has been fab - he says I can have all the tests I need to rule out anything physical and has not pushed the "post natal depression" issue at all which I know they and health visitors do tend to do. I have a friend with PND and what she goes through is not the same as me. My GP has suggested anxiety, sleep deprivation & possible IBS as a result.

I would love to hear any comments or experiences from others and can go into lots more detail if you like.

Thanks for listening - can't wait for some replies.

Veronica H
26-11-09, 14:12
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

diane07
26-11-09, 14:13
Hi why me?

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

looking4answers
26-11-09, 21:11
Nice to have you here.. Sounds like you have been through what many of us have. We hope you find comfort here and that someone will share their experiences with you .. Check out some of the different forums and its possible you will also find your issues there..Good luck to you and hope you are feeling better..Michael

mum4c
26-11-09, 23:16
Hello, I am new too! It it comforting to know that many people are going through the same thing and I'm not on my own. I hope that this site will be a great sense of support for me and others, think I'm driving my husband barmy with my worrying!

ScaredCaz
26-11-09, 23:24
Hi There

I am new too....and can relate to alot of what you say especially about the family being fed up think my hubby deffo is i have only been here a day but the people are great and if you have a read around the forums you will be suprised how many ppl there are out there just like us together we will beat this

All the best :)

looking4answers
26-11-09, 23:50
Like I said its been my salvation.. I love being here and the people are very caring and knowledgeable. Im pretty sure you will love it here. Michael

why me?
08-12-09, 21:03
Thanks to everyone who replied. It's great to know that there are others out there. Some days I feel that I've got something seriously wrong with me, and others I think maybe I'm just going mad.

Is there anyone who actually has come out of the other side of this and can look back on their experience? I'd love to hear from them.