PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Escitalopram to Zoloft, any experiences?

Georg
26-11-09, 15:46
Hi

I have been on Cipralex (Escitalopram) for 4 months now, with the last month on 20mg. It has honestly only made me worse. So my GP recommended I switch to Zoloft instead.

He told me to take 10mg Cipralex and 50mg Zoloft for 4 days, then up to 100mg zoloft and slowly decrease the Cipralex.

I had a horrible experience with side effects when I started Cipralex so I am afraid what's in store for me.

Have anyone else swapped from Cipralex to Zoloft?

Downsinthenorth
26-11-09, 16:31
The best thing to do, in your situation, is to go back to your doctor, and tell him/her that you're worried about potential unpleasant side-effects with the new medication.

I think it's impossible to predict whether you ARE going to be adversely affected, without at least trying the drug first. And, often, I have found that if I persevere, the effects do tend to die down/disappear over time, as my body adjusts.

All the best
Downsinthenorth

confused75
21-01-10, 16:17
George, I'm interested in how this worked out for you as I too am on 20mg of Cipralex and they're looking to put me on Sertraline. Did you get the side effects? Is the Sertraline better than the Cipralex?