PDA

View Full Version : aaarrggghhh....interview tomorrow

Dolan1989
26-11-09, 17:07
A while ago I posted a thread saying that I was unsure as to whether or not to send of an application to do PGCE primary as I had already started to panic about having to have an interview.

Since then my grandad unfortunatly died and it put things into perspective for me. I sent off my application, and seems to bother less and less with anxiety issues. I'm also no longer on anxiety medication. Amazing to say each day used to be a chore.

Well, I decided to send my application to a highly competitive university. Only 15% of those who apply get an interview, I was one of them :-)

so tomorrow I need to go to a 4 hour interview, including an english exam, an individual presentation, a group discussion and then an individual talk.

To give myself the edge, I created a portfolio of everything I've done. It looks really cool and I don't think anyone else is going to have done one. I've just finished off my presentation now, after changing it several times and now just need to practice. Then I'm going to jot down answers to common questions before doing more research on educational issues.

However, the worry has completly started. I know its normal to feel anxious but the slightest worry instantly puts me in to panic. I'm just so scared that I'm totally going to fail tomorrow and it's so important that I get in. I've just found out however, they interview three people for each place, so I already have a 66% of not being successful.

Oh dear Lord, what shall I do????

xx

maddie
26-11-09, 18:07
You also have a 33.3% chance of getting in. That's not bad odds these days!

All the preparation is complete. You've done the most difficult thing - making the application. If you feel nervous when you are there, remember how brave you have been to get this far. I remember an interview before my panic days where my knees were literally shaking so hard I could hardly stand up, but I got the job! The interviewers are well used to overlooking nerves. Remember that you need nerves and anxiety to motivate you to perform well. Embrace them, use the adrenalin to give a really memorable showing of yourself.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

DeMac
26-11-09, 18:11
Hi, Congrats for getting as far as you have - the other job candidates are probably feeling like you - Just be yourself - remain positive and let us know how you get on

All the best of Luck

Dee :hugs:

cunny1980
26-11-09, 18:11
Good luck with the interview I hope it all goes well. Let us know how you get on. Zoe xxx

margaret jones
26-11-09, 19:09
Good luck honey you have worked so hard and being nervous is normal and will add to your enthusiasm Let us Know how it goes

Take Care Margaret

munkeyinblack
26-11-09, 19:36
Best of luck to you. Im sure youll be great!!

Munkey x

RosieXXX
26-11-09, 19:58
Hello Dolan,

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow. Of course it is usual to feel a little nervous. You have been very thorough with your preparation taking great care with every detail, which will hold you in great stead; I am sure you will handle the interview with the same competency. Let us know how you get on.

Dolan1989
26-11-09, 20:04
erm....as the night is getting on I can feel myself slipping into old habits.

Thanks for the replies guys it really helps.

It's just hard becuase I know tomorrow is going to be a horrible day.

I'm sat here already feeling incredibly sick and knowing that once again I'm not going to get any sleep.

andrea thompson
26-11-09, 20:05
hi hon,,, you should go to your interview tomorrow and enjoy it.... i know its hard but you are prepared, you have got a portfolio to give you the edge, you have beaten your anxiety!!!!! it sounds to me like you are a strong and determined person with a passion for your chosen career - er... what more could that uni ask for.... and teaching is a very worth while career... you go for it!!!!!

good luck and take care... let us know how you get on...

x x

mummy4
26-11-09, 20:33
wow thats excellent for getting an interview .... well done you!!!

i went for an interview yesterday one which i thought i was never going to make due to anxiety but i made it and it lasted an hour and amazingly i did not panic once. i think we all know the thought is usually a lot worse than the situation itself at times. i got a call back today offering me the job and i accepted i just hope i will be able to turn up come jan lol.

best of luck and let us know how it goes xx

looking4answers
26-11-09, 23:12
You will be fine... just relax enjoy and have a most excellent day :hugs::hugs::hugs:

maddie
26-11-09, 23:57
CONGRATULATIONS mummy4 !!! Very well done. I hope you enjoy your new job! :D

Dolan1989
27-11-09, 04:00
4 in the morning, still awake and feeling dreadful. all i want to do is go to sleep and then go to the interview half sane, is that really too much to ask???????? xx

Dolan1989
27-11-09, 08:03
Not had any sleep at all! I'm feeling extremely sick and worked up. I'm trying to change my mindset so I can go but there is no way I can leave the house feeling like this!

Please help, what can I do?

Nat x

Milo
27-11-09, 08:09
Nat you can do this, focus the the positives you are a part of the 15% - thats already an amazing achievement. You know you can do this, tell the beast you are in control. Take one step at a time, focus on placing you first.
Go for it!!!!!

barrywin
27-11-09, 08:13
Hi Dolan,

Very best wishes, you've done all the preparation. You'll blow the others away. Great courage you've shown already. You deserve it!!
All of us at NMP are rooting and supporting you like crazy no matter the outcome, just do your best and be proud of yourself.
Barry

Dolan1989
27-11-09, 16:58
Just come back from the interview and it was awesome...even if I do say so myself hehe.

Managed everything aswell as I could have hoped for, even with a knot in my tummy.

Just have to wait to see if I get accepted now...fingers crossed.

Nat xx

cunny1980
27-11-09, 17:10
Well done I'm really happy for you :yesyes:

Slothette
27-11-09, 17:42
Oh Way to go!!!....and you were tired too....What a star. Fingers and toes crossed now. You've done the hard bit.:yesyes::yesyes::yahoo::yahoo:

maddie
27-11-09, 17:45
Well done Dolan! :yahoo: I hope you are successful. Do let us know :hugs:

RosieXXX
27-11-09, 18:29
Hello Dolan,

So pleased it went well for you - well done.:)

mummy4
27-11-09, 21:39
well done you should be very very proud of yourself xx

Dolan1989
17-12-09, 15:56
A lady from Manchester gave me a call today....to tell me she would like to give me an offer of a place on their PGCE course!!!

I'm still in shock, I got in!!!

I was so close the night before the interview to not going, but I did, I worked through the sheer panic, and was obviously successful because they want me in the course!!!

Woohoo!!!

And yes I realise I've used three exclamation marks after each section, but I'm just sooo excited hehe, yay!!!

Nat xxx

Slothette
17-12-09, 17:07
:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:....onwards and upwards now!.....Well done Nat....keep up the good work! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

bubbly
18-12-09, 09:24
:hugs:I say well done for even sending off for the job in the first place and yes you are going to compete against others but even if you dont get the job i think you have done fantastically well so well done you xxx
take care and good luck
tetley
xx

hi im new on here, so dont really have clue yet what im doin. feel proud of yourself for tryin. im impressed just readin what you,ve put. anything we do in life is an experience. dont think youve failed if it doesnt turn out for u. ive messed up many times in my life, and i keep getin back up again! i wish u all the good luck in the world xx bubbly x