PDA

View Full Version : new

lula
27-11-09, 02:59
hii, im new to this site, i was having trouble sleeping as i feel panicy and came accross this site trying to find a way to calm me down, as when itry to sleep i start panicing again :unsure:
ive had a few before but managed to calm down after about 10-15 mins, but yesterday night i had quite a big one (for me) and my housemate had to call the ambulance and since then i keep getting painfull pulses leaving me with pins and needles and i constantly feel like it will start again. just wanted to take my mind off it for a bit :) i did want to watch the chatroom for a bit but i cant yet...
How is every1? hope ur alll good :D

diane07
27-11-09, 03:02
Hi lula

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

looking4answers
27-11-09, 03:08
Hey Lula,

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad.. Hate those nighttime panic attacks.. with no one to chat with..We are all here for you..Its a little sparse this time of night in the UK but im usually around im in the states.. Your symptoms sound mostly like hyperventilating and anxiety .. but if you feel like you need to see a doctor then go..Its always good for the mind to know you are physically ok.. Welcome here and we will be here for you .. Michael :hugs:

andrea thompson
27-11-09, 03:11
hi lula

sorry you are feeling rough at the moment. i am too. i woke up shivering and shaking and i have not been able to go back to bed. read the symptoms on this site, i find it really helps. you can relate to them and it helps you to understand whats happening to your body. go to your g.p. as well they will be able to help you. you will get loads of support and re assurance on here. keep reminding yourself that this will pass and the symptoms will go away.
take care

x x

lula
27-11-09, 03:19
hii, thanks for responding, its made me feel loads better even just having a responce!
i try to go to my doctor but ive to ring before half 8 in the morning which after nearly everynight of not getting to sleep is a task in itself :blush:
i have been reading through the symptoms, theres quite a bit on breathing ill try to use coz like u said hyperventilating is the worst part of it and like u know u get pins and needles and panic over panicing!
but thanks loads for taking the time to reply :hugs: and hope your all ok.
cheers again xxx

barrywin
27-11-09, 03:55
Hi Lula and welcome,

Hyperventilating is the worst!!!! We know it's not life threatening but boy oh boy it doesn't feel that way. Hope you feel calmer and better real soon.
Thinking of you and best wishes,
barry and welcome to the site where you'll get lots of help!!!!

jacqui03
27-11-09, 23:33
Hi

Welcome aboard, sorry to hear your going through a tough time. Lots of lovely people here to help & support you.
If you feel the hyperventilation thing coming on, breath through your nose or hum it helps to regulate your breathing.

Jx

lula
28-11-09, 02:26
thanks for the support and tips :flowers: i never thought of humming jaqui03, i guess it gives u something to concentrate on too! mayb ill only try that if im on my own tho lol. but the nose thing is good, i think thats the main thing that calms me down having something to focus on.
And yeah barrywin it doesnt feel that way at all!! but my post panicy phase has calmed down dramatically jst having people who know what its like to talk to, so thanks to every1 thats replied, i dont feel as scared about it happening as much now so im not as anxious all the time :)
cheers much x