PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack in M & S!

belle
27-11-09, 13:45
It was awful. We walked from the car through the shopping centre and i was telling my mother i didn't feel well and that i couldn't get to M & S, so she grudgingly turned round and we started walking back to the car. But for a moment i thought, i am going to try this, so back we went toward M & S. Baring in mind, mum wanted food, so its right at the back of the store... We got stuck in the go-slow queue and panic hit me. I HAD TO GET OUT, but mum wouldn't leave her food at the till - so we stood there, actually, i was dancing around like some fool. The checkout women was staring as if i was effing mad. I knew it was a bad idea to go to M & S - i was shaking...i felt sick, bad, awful - BUT....i managed to just about stay there...and i didn't die and i didn't vomit and who cares that the women thought i was mad...

munkeyinblack
27-11-09, 13:59
Well done for getting through it! Everyone looks a bit mad at times so your right not to give a thought about what people thought! Congratulations again!!

Munkey x

ian1
27-11-09, 14:33
You did brilliantly to stick it out as running from the situation is about the worst thing to do.

I hope you are focussing on how well you did to get through it rather than feeling like that in the first place :yesyes:

kazzie
27-11-09, 14:48
NICE ONE BELLE:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesyes::yesy es:

Luv Kaz:hugs:

sarah jayne
27-11-09, 15:41
Well done ! I once had an awful panic attack in asda and ran out and left my shopping. You did better than me !
Sarah x

PoppyC
27-11-09, 16:25
Hi !
Well done for not running off, which I have done in the past.
Try not to bother what other people think...who cares what they think. You stayed put and thats a good thing.
What is it about shops!? I don't get panicky in clothes shops but put me in a supermarket and I feel panicky.
Are you feeling any better then a couple of days ago??? Hope so.

Slothette
27-11-09, 16:30
Hi Belle

I've panicked in M&S too...I think cos its packed in there and the lighting is quite bright. ....Well done for seeing it through. You will never see the woman on the checkout again so who cares!...Well done again:)

margaret jones
27-11-09, 16:32
Belle well done i was feeling for you as I read your post just been to Matalan busy bad time , No bar code on cushion Hell i thought how long to wait (deep breaths through nose ) I MADE IT Home now but feel shattered adrenalin rush

Take Care Margaretxxx

PS does your mum no how you feel ?

teez
27-11-09, 16:36
well done be proud of yourself,,whatever it takes to get you through ,,even if its dancing a jig,,keep up the good work

maddie
27-11-09, 18:29
:hugs: WELL DONE! :hugs:

I quit in Homebase - had to ask Customer Services to fetch a can of paint for me. I'd never attempt M&S. The cashier probably just thought you needed the loo!

Congratulations to Margaret too.

Great job both of you :yesyes:

Veronica H
27-11-09, 18:33
:bighug1:well done Belle.

Veronica

mummy4
27-11-09, 21:38
thats fab well done hun i once had a panic attack in tesco and ran out the shop dragging my daughter behind me!! well done xxxxxxxx

mandyclare
27-11-09, 22:54
You did so well.... thats what we should all do... Congrats to you xx

belle
27-11-09, 23:16
Hi all and thanks for your messages.

What happens when we panic (i say we) is that we (said it again) tend to look at the negatives like "Oh no, i've panicked, that MUST mean i am getting worse"...but my gorgeous boyfriend totally put a different spin on it. He said A) You went even though you didn't want to B) You stayed in there...you may have danced about, played with your hair/fingers, swore a lot - might have looked a bit 'different' - but who cares? You'll never see those people again and C) You managed to go into some other shops AFTER you had the panic attack.... All those things are good, because i could have just fled and gone straight back to the car.

...but, it still made me feel shi**y :(

x

suzy-sue
28-11-09, 00:03
You would have felt even Shi--ier if you had left and gone home ..You did so well Belle .you deserve to be proud of yourself ..You stayed and didnt give in to it ,s-d what people think ,,Sue xx

maddie
28-11-09, 00:04
No buts! You did it! Give yourself a huge pat on the back. You know now that next time you go you're not going to die and the world's not going to come to an end. It might be a little uncomfortable, but you can do it!

mandie
29-11-09, 21:40
WELL DONE FOR STAYING :D

I was in M&S yesterday and felt awful in there. The lites are really bright in there which makes the panic worse for me

mandie x