PDA

View Full Version : Ever been in this situation ?

messianictalmud
27-11-09, 14:48
Hi since August this year I have had ongoing changes in bowel habits with some blood (I am on Warfarin).
On and off I have been getting pains in the stomache and lower back and sides.
My GP think I may have IBS, however I am waiting for tests to be done at the hospital by the Colorectal team; my GP says if all my test show no physical abnormalities then it may well be IBS.
Now having had a chat with my Psyciatrist who has diagnosed me with GAD & Panic Disorder, she is writting to the Colorectal team to explain about my GAD etc; cause she doesn't want them to automatically diagnose me with IBS if they find no physical abnormalities etc.
So now I feel like that if I do have IBS then the Docs won't diagnose it due to my GAD etc.

Any feedback is most welcome.

maddie
27-11-09, 18:48
Sounds like your psych is trying to ensure that nobody does mis-diagnose you because of the GAD. When you see the Colorectal team or your GP, make sure you understand and are happy with their answers. Ask questions. You always have the right to a second opinion if you are not sure of your diagnosis, but I think t is good that all your Health Professionals seem to be working together to help you.

steven67
27-11-09, 19:32
i,ve had plies for 20 yrs ,ha for 5 yrs and ibs for 3 yrs i do have pain in my back and sides but ,the pains in my guts have almost gone ,every thing seems to be easing now that, my ha is easing. this what is causing my pain so yes i have been in this situation .its not very nice i no, i hope you feel better soon take care.:D:hugs:

looking4answers
27-11-09, 20:31
Sounds like all is working out and will be fine.. Just hang in there.. Michael

messianictalmud
29-11-09, 11:42
Sounds like your psych is trying to ensure that nobody does mis-diagnose you because of the GAD. When you see the Colorectal team or your GP, make sure you understand and are happy with their answers. Ask questions. You always have the right to a second opinion if you are not sure of your diagnosis, but I think t is good that all your Health Professionals seem to be working together to help you.

:bighug1:Hi maddie, never thought of it that way! Thanks