PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys

Mia
27-11-09, 14:52
Hello Everyone,

I have recently began to have panic attacks, i still dont really understand why or what is happening to my mind and body even though i have been on the net all day reading up on panic attacks/anxiety disorders.

I do feel isolated as i dont know anyone that has gone through this, its very scary and im not sure what to expect...i feel on edge all the time and to be honest i dont really know what to do...i dont want this to take over my life.

This looked like a good place to start to at least talk about this with other people in the same boat, hopefully can get some advice and support off you guys!

nomorepanic
27-11-09, 14:56
Hi Mia

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

jacqui03
27-11-09, 23:26
HI

Welcome aboard, lots of lovely people here to help & support you. x

Veronica H
28-11-09, 11:11
:welcome:Mia. Glad that you have found us.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Veronica:hugs:

Mia
28-11-09, 12:01
Thank you Guys for the lovely messages, really helps so much to know there is such a wonderful group of people like yourselves who i can talk to. Sometimes talking to family doesn't help too much as they think im being silly and not helping myself at times.

Since ive been having panic attacks i do seem to wait for when the next one will be and think if i make myself have one attack for the day i can relax and get on with the day until tomorrow. This is wrong i know but i just feel really fragile....