PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts as to why we are here

manx_kitty
27-11-09, 22:11
Been thinking about this all day and its really making me feel anxious :weep:

Its actually frustrating me now

maddie
27-11-09, 22:23
Can you explain what you are thinking about and what's upsetting you?

manx_kitty
27-11-09, 22:24
I just keep thinking about how the earth started and how we got here, stuff like that

alunthebont
27-11-09, 22:28
:hugs:this is one good reason why we are here, to help each other when in need.Please dont have these thoughts, thinkabout warm sunny days and :yahoo:be happy:blush:am i wrong?????????

take care

looking4answers
27-11-09, 22:39
Thinking about why you are here or ? I really don't understand.. If you mean why you are on NMP .. Its because you want to read about others experiences to help you figure out what to do about yourself.. If you mean why you are alive its because you were chosen to have a good life and experience the vast wonders that are in this world..

I too have been feeling rather panicked today . I woke with hearing my pulse in my ears which isnt that unusual for me..but I hate it..Its caused by a certain condition and I have to live with it the rest of my life... I can hear my heart skipping and making all kinds of noise.. I just hate it .. anxiety you bet..

But im trying to calm down now and look around the site and read about others problems to see if I can help.. I posted about my blood pressure because I worry.. My wife says forget about your blood pressure you don't have high blood pressure but the doctor here scared me to death and its still not out of mind..

ok if I had high blood pressure how come I have been able to work hard and lift heavy things keep going and not had a heart attack or pass out or something.. My wife monitors it and says its fine.. So hmmm but I can't get what the doctor said out my mind but they didn't give me an injection when i was there or send me to the hospital so ..it couldn't have been that bad.. So why are we here..

Hope that means here on this site..Its fun,its nice to understand that others feel the way we do.. and its also interesting some of the things that gets posted here. The people are kind and considerate and im greatful that everyone is here..Hope this helps.. Michael

manx_kitty
27-11-09, 22:42
I mean what the meaning of life is and why we are here on earth, its frightening me now

starlight78
27-11-09, 22:46
Hi Manx, I really understand what your saying.. I had a tough patch of this some months back and the thinking of the enormity of the universe and where it all starts etc.. The Big Questions if you like made me very very freaked out... But to be honest it was just part of Anxiety and derealisation and when my anxiety went down i could think about that stuff without being scared.
Try as much as you can not to think too deeply about these things now. When you are feeling a little better about it try reading Susan Jeffers book "embracing uncertainty" I think it'll make you feel more peaceful about it all xx

mandyclare
27-11-09, 22:47
Dont be frightened..... there's nothing to be frightened of..... all each and every one of us need to do is lead the best life we can... be kind and loving to others and in time you will get it back. Sometimes it's easy to feel alone but every one of us are here living our lives together. Youre not alone x

starlight78
27-11-09, 22:51
Manx,
When I was struggling with these thoughts some time back I came across a wonderful post by Richey.. I copied it to my computer and read it if I have any worrying thoughts.

I've put a bit of a post of his on here...

I've had the depersonalization thoughts, the universal questions, what's the meaning of life, etc. And I am kind of getting through the other side. What you need to understand is that it is all because of anxiety, which I am discovering more and more is JUST an illness, like maybe back pain, or migranes. Only anxiety, once you've harnessed it, is a hell of a lot easier to deal with. It is NOT some secret, real view of the universe and eternity that you have stumbled across and will be forever burdened with alone, that sounds silly to type, and silly to read, but that is actually what I was wondering for a good few months when I was at my worst.

I urge you to search for his posts, they are brilliant and helped me enormously! xx

manx_kitty
27-11-09, 23:06
I can't seem to search for his posts :huh:

maddie
28-11-09, 01:02
Top of the page, click on search
Enter the name Richey
Press the dot for find posts
Press search.

This should bring up a list of all his posts for you. :hugs:

Bill
28-11-09, 02:44
I got a few questions for you.....

How big is "Space", where does it end and what is beyond? and Where did dinosaurs originate from? Did they evolve from something or just appear?

When you find out the answers let me know.:winks:

They'll help to keep your mind occupied to stop you thinking about other questions that frighten you.:hugs:

Sometimes when thoughts frighten us, we need to stop ourselves thinking about the past and the future, and just find something to enjoy in the present because that's what life is. Each day Should be enjoyed and then we stop worrying about frightening thoughts!:hugs:

looking4answers
28-11-09, 05:24
I found some writing by a guy that has no credentials and have been looking for it all day .His words stuck with me for a long time about his thoughts on why we are here.. I hope I can find them so I can link you to his site..its fabulous and makes a lot of sense..Ill keep looking. .Michael

Jaco45er
28-11-09, 08:25
Bill, it was evolution mate, we all come from some sqiushy wee microscope a few years back, a few molecules, a bit energy (sun) water, and before you know it, digital TV, cars, red wine and football, terrific :)

The meaning of life? no point in searching for that answer Kitty, because no one knows, they will all tell you their opinion, but no one knows for real.

We are just a species on this earth, who for the last 40,000 years (no time at all in the earth's history) happens to be at the top of the food chain. In the future, maybe another species will evolve and take over, but don't panic, I would wager that's millions of years off.

Do not make the mistake of thinking we are significant, we are not. From space looking down (yer ok, I haven't been to space) we are just flesh and bones that happen to have intelligence enough to harness the resources at our disposal (excluding chav's, god knows were they evolved from, Sun readers I think).

The only significant thing we can do to earth that would matter, is wrecking it, but that's a whole new debate ;).

So you check in at birth, you check out when you die, but in the mean time, accept life, achieve, find happiness (and that is contentment, has nothing to do with status or wealth), help others (can bring happiness in itself) and stay off saturated fats.

They will remember me as Jaco the great philosopher :) (or Jaco the great muppet, one or the other ;))

TC

Jaco

manx_kitty
28-11-09, 13:09
I can't stop googling it now :(

NoPoet
28-11-09, 13:25
Manx Kitty, I have been through this as well this year. It's called an "existential crisis" - when we start to question why we are here, what we are for and whether or not everything is worth it. I think this is something everyone has to face sooner or later. We are the only species in Earth's history with the intelligence to question our own existence. While this can seem like a curse, it is the sign of a bright, deep and active mind.

EmmaJane
28-11-09, 15:06
manx,
Read through all the replies again, they are good replies. dont google or you will get washed away with it all. No one really has the true answers. The more you try and work it out, the more you will panic. Try to calm down. Emma x

manx_kitty
28-11-09, 17:14
I found some writing by a guy that has no credentials and have been looking for it all day .His words stuck with me for a long time about his thoughts on why we are here.. I hope I can find them so I can link you to his site..its fabulous and makes a lot of sense..Ill keep looking. .Michael

Thanks, that sounds helpfull :)

I don't know why i suddenly started thinking of this but its really getting to me now.