PDA

View Full Version : Still Worried About My Stupid Blood Pressure Questions?

looking4answers
27-11-09, 22:27
I have been hearing my pulse in my ears for over three years..Its called tormenticus or something like that.. Its when the blood vessels get inter wound around like varicose veins. Its a benign condition but much like its name is very tormenting.. I woke this morning hearing it in my ears..It much like having a stethoscope on ,

My heart has been told to me by several doctors as in good shape and strong.. but it weirds me out to here it somedays more than others.. It never sounds right to me but then im not a doctor. The doctor did an ekg on me a couple of months ago and it was perfect..

Also my blood pressure my wife has been monitoring and its been slightly above normal.. or borderline. average for my age.. nothing high or anything so my old med is working.. but still with the doctor being concerned at first I still worry if its high..Everytime I feel a little sick to my stomach or ill I start worrying about my blood pressure.. My wife monitors it but I never let her take it when im worrying because I know it will be more elevated..

The readings she has taken when im resting has always been about the same but when I wake up and hear my pulse it concerns me and automatically gets me to worrying. I woke today in a pretty good mood but ive been online and not feeling well.. I feel a little sick to my stomach and just not good.. I don't want her to take it because it will make me feel worse.

When I worry my wife says not to that I don't really have high blood pressure. But I worry that when im feeling bad and I get up.. it gets higher.. This is all new to me.. about worrying about blood pressure..
but very scary for me..

My wife has taken care of two people that eventually died.She says she knows how people look and act and feel when they have high blood pressure and she also knows that by my readings I don't have high blood pressure.. So Im not sure to worry or not..She turned the readings into the doctor for this week and they said to just keep taking the readings and for now stay on my old low dose of beta blocker.

This is all unnerving to me and I just don't feel good today..I want to feel better and have spurts of feeling better but then lurking in my mind is my worries.. So how do I quit worrying about all of it and feel better?

Bluebelle
27-11-09, 22:58
Hiya
I am sorry for what you're going through. It must be very difficult to hear your heartbeat in your ear-I don't have any advice for you but Happy Thanksgiving my American friend!
Love-Bluebelle

looking4answers
27-11-09, 23:00
Thanks sweetie. Michael