PDA

View Full Version : Grants for central heating etc

sunshine-lady
28-11-09, 01:12
I don't know if anyone has posted about this before.

A friend of mine has been living in a rented house for several years without adequate heating. She has recently been told about a government run scheme which can grant people money to improve the heating, windows, loft intalation etc in their house regardless if they own the property or rent it. She made a short telephone conversation and is getting assessed within a week or two to see what help they can offer.

If you recieve DLA or other benefits you can apply.

http://www.warmfront.co.uk/

xxx

maddie
28-11-09, 01:13
Thanks for the link! Every little helps. :)

sunshine-lady
28-11-09, 01:21
wonder if they give you double club card vouchers with it:winks:

t0rt01se36
28-11-09, 14:15
When I moved to private rented accomodation two years ago, where I no longer am, I received info about the Warm front Grant. Sadly the offer came too late for me and I am wondering about Warmfront Front Grant, for the next gtime I move out, if it is offered not long after I move in.

sunshine-lady
28-11-09, 18:24
Maybe it is worth giving them a ring ju.ann. My friend said they were very helpful on the phone.

Good luck :hugs:

Bill
30-11-09, 03:24
We qualified for this grant and managed to get insullation done and only had to pay a very small amount to make up the difference so I would certainly recommend it.

One word of warning though is I've heard of stories where they say you qualify, tell you the cost but then find out the grant doesn't cover the entire cost so you end up not being able to afford the difference. This is ok in itself but I heard that some companies under the scheme have been trying to charge more than other companies not under the scheme would but you have to use the company that you are offered.

However, I would certainly apply if you qualify because it has made a big difference to our heating expenses and made the place alot warmer.:hugs:

Alabasterlyn
30-11-09, 09:13
We've had 2 grants from the warmfront scheme over the years. The first was for loft insulation which they paid the whole amount for.

Just over a year ago we had a new boiler installed and as has already been mentioned we had to put some money towards it as the grant didn't cover the full cost. I think we had to put about £800 towards the cost, but as it was a big boiler running 15 radiators and they had to put in lots of new pipework, we felt it was a fair price to pay.

sunshine-lady
04-12-09, 00:05
Sounds like you got a bargain Lyn!

15 radiators! you must have a big house. Just mentally counted ours, we have 7 and we have a 3 bedroomed house :)

Oh forgot to mention that my friend was told she would be given a list of approved installers and would be able to get quotes .. maybe they have cottoned on that people are getting asked to pay too much!