PDA

View Full Version : New here

angelstars
28-11-09, 02:57
Hi everyone, i found this site randomly whilst searching for online help so thought i would join up as it seems i am not the only person in the world with this condition.

My names Michelle and I'm 32. I started getting panic attacks back in 2004, i thought at the time i was dying as i had dizzyness, palpitations, chest pain etc. I wasnt diagnosed until i got to the point that my hand would get pins and needles which got more intense until my hand cramped up into a claw type shape which instantly made me think i was having a stroke! I was given medication and attended some self help groups and after splitting with hubby in 2007 things got alot better. Unfortuantely now i have nocturnal panic attacks which are far worse as i have no warning of them coming as i am asleep. I wake up screaming, convinced i am dying and sweating, short of breath and heart going 200mph.

I'm hoping to learn more about why i get this and anything i can do to help stop them. Also if other people have the same thing happen. I thank god i have a lovely understanding partner who sits up with me in bed when it happens and calms me down.

diane07
28-11-09, 02:59
Hi angelstars

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

looking4answers
28-11-09, 05:22
Welcome.. to NMP.. we are glad you are here and most of us has shared many of your problems.Im sure you can find them by looking for them in the forums or use the search feature or just post your own questions and feelings.. Hope you feel better soon..Michael

Veronica H
28-11-09, 10:50
:welcome:Michelle. Glad that you have found us.

Veronica

Thorny
28-11-09, 16:05
:welcome: Michelle,

I'm sure you'll find the ite helpful :)

Take Care

Matt