PDA

View Full Version : Heart Issues

Typer
28-11-09, 11:08
Hi everyone,

Well I have had ectopic beats for a long while. For many years they were manageable and cause me only a mild irritation.

Then a couple of months back, they came hard and often. On three separate occasions I thought I'd black out as I felt so dizzy and they seem to go on for longer .... like a run of them on top of each other. Once I was in a shop, another time in a bank and once at home.

I had a 24 hour monitor about 18 months ago which showed ectopic beats. Each time I go to my doctor he refers to that even though I keep saying it's changed, they are worse and almost all day long. The more my doctor ignores it, the more anxious I have become. I have gone from being a fairly stable and together person to a quivering wreck at times.

I know stress makes them worse, and I know some people take beta blockers but...

The other symptom I have is a slow heart beat, esp in the evening. I have to get up and walk around to get it going.

So here I am trying to overcome the panicky feelings I have developed. I now seem to have a phobia about my health generally. For example I have been offered the swine flu jab and looking at the discussion about this, I see I am not the only one who feels anxious about having it. I do have the yearly seasonal flu jab.

Okay that's me. Thanks for listening (with your eyes)

valleybear
28-11-09, 15:58
Don't know how to help except to say that at one time I had ectpics continually....night and day. I used to cry with frustration and fear. I even had them while waiting for major surgery and was trying to tell the surgeon that my heart wasn't right and I might not survive the op. He just smiled and told me I'd be fine...and of course I was. So really, I think that although they are annoying and frightening at times...they really are harmless (except tp our anxious minds that is).
Hope you are feeling better now.:hugs:

Typer
28-11-09, 17:12
is it that you don't have these now. I guess it would be nice to know they can disappear. Thanks for answering.