PDA

View Full Version : head feels weird one side plase help!!

emily51964
28-11-09, 13:46
hi i am 21 years old, for 3 months now i hav ben experiencing all sorts of weird pains and sensation in my head.it started as a stabbong pain in the left side at the top back of my head, and i instantly thought it was something serious, eg.brain tumor/anurism etc... i went to docs who just said i had tight muscles in my neck...but i had a massage and tried not tying my hair up etc...since then they contiued and i also suffer from migrains. sometimes i hav what feels like numbness just on the left side tho ususally. i hav been put on anti depressants since and i do feel less stressed but can all this surely b down to anxiety and stress?? i hate not knowing and constantly worrying!! why does it only effect one side more than the other? does any1 else hav this? i just need to kno it is definately nothing more serious.. please help me!! thans xx

KK77
28-11-09, 13:58
Migraines tend to affect one side more but can occasionally be both sides too. Anxiety can cause all sorts of physical symptoms - constant muscle tension can sensitise the nerves causing twitches, spasms, tingling/pins-and-needles and numbness. Also, medication can add to the weird and wonderful side effects.

Having suffered really bad HA I can say that the odds are that you're not suffering from something really serious - it's much more likely to be anxiety-related psychosomatic symptoms.

Kirst24
28-11-09, 16:22
I have been getting the type of pains in my head you describe for the past few months now too, have been back and forth to docs, and A&E and everytime I have just been told it is stress/anxiety. It is really scary getting them though because the pain is so bad that it feels like something serious. I guess I just have to listen to the docs and hope they are right.

I feel your pain, but try not to worry, they told me if it was a brain tumour, it would be a constant headache and gradually getting worse, and if it was bleeding in your brain it would be the worst pain you have ever had in your life.

You will be fine! xxx

Typer
28-11-09, 17:43
Could be neuralgia. I get that, esp when there is a cold wind. I also got it for so long once, then after I visited the dentist, who found I needed a filling it went.

Hope you feel well soon. Best wishes

ScaredCaz
28-11-09, 18:12
Hi

I get this too sometimes my head goes cold on the left i always think i am about to have a stroke so scary

also get pains and numb and just feels odd its horrible

:huh:

rjb2214
28-11-09, 22:12
me too, I have similar things to this. I've had a CT scan which came back normal. I was in the bath when I experienced my first ever head zap, and also my first ever visual disturbance or "aura" to a migraine

What I will say is that if you had an anurism or a brain tumour you'd know about it. Doctors can tell by doing simple coordination tests. It's pretty hard to accept it when docs say "it's just a migraine/tension headache/anxiety" but trust me, they wouldn't want the lawsuit had they misdiagnosed it.

Gaza
28-11-09, 22:48
Anxiety and Headache: Symptoms of Anxiety, Treatment of Anxiety

There is a connection between a migraine and anxiety: A headache is a physical symptom of anxiety and stress.

Anxiety is a state of mind when a person feels tension and fear without known cause. Anxiety reduces the tolerance of person towards stress and headache. Anxiety is one of the triggers of headache and according to an estimate up to 80% persons having anxiety may develop chronic daily headache. The one of the cause of tension headache is muscle tightening. The anxiety can elevate the following symptoms.

· May increase the biochemical (stress chemical) such as adrenaline.
· Reduce the relaxation chemical such as endorphin.
· May increase muscle tension.
· May influence the nervous system and consequently will increase difficulty in breathing, blood pressure and heart rate.
Women are at more risk than men for anxiety and headache. Women suffer more anxiety and therefore are more likely to have tension headache.

Symptoms of Anxiety
Persons suffering from anxiety may feel following symptoms.
· Muscle tension
· Fatigue ness
· Unable to concentrate
· Restless feeling and
· Sleep disorder.

Headache and Routine Job
Headache may also cause the following problems or disorder
· Patients suffering from headache due to anxiety may find it difficult to follow the routine activity.
· Headaches may cause sleep disorders.
· If you are suffering from headache, you may not be able to concentrate on your routine job.
· Headache may vary in frequency and duration.
· Depending upon severity of the disorder the symptoms like nausea and vomiting are sometimes associated with headache.

Treatment Aim
If a person is suffering from headache and anxiety, the aim of treatment should have been targeted to
· Reduce the frequency and duration of headache and anxiety.
· Reduce the severity of headache.
· Reduce the overall medication.
· Reduce the headache related tension, anxiety and psychological symptoms.
· Improve overall quality of life of patients.
General principles of management
· Once diagnosis has been completed, inform the patient the method of treatment and possible side effects of the medicine.
· Patients should be taken into confidence for the severity of problem and expected time frame for the treatment.
· Patients should be encouraged for identifying and avoiding possible migraine headache triggers.
· Patients should be encouraged for other stress management technique and relaxation technique.
Treatment option for anxiety and headache

Headache should be controlled by not only medicine, but other program such as change in life style, avoiding known headache triggers, stress management and relaxation therapy should be simultaneously focused for achieving better results.

Life style may help in managing migraine headache.
· Identify the triggers for headache and avoid these triggers.
· You should try to take regular sleep even during vacation and weekends.
· You should try to take sleep in quiet and dark room.
· You should start exercise under the supervision of trainer or expert.
· You should learn and follow stress management techniques.
· You should learn and follow relaxation technique.
· If you are diabetic, you should eat small amount of food more often.
This site may help you, has some techniques that can reduce your anxiety levels
http://silviahartmann.com/specials-anxiety-stress-selfhelp.php (http://silviahartmann.com/specials-anxiety-stress-selfhelp.php)

emily51964
02-12-09, 20:56
wow guys thank u so much! it is the first time i hav poseted athread an it has made me feel better... ur right rjb it is so difficult to believe that it can all be down to just stress...but yes i suppose th docs must kno what they are doing. just dont want to aleays be like this. i did go thru all the motions had my teeth any eyes checked first but no problems... i hav been prescribed citalopram now 20mg been on it 2weeks and it is going well reducing my anxiety, and when i am more calm i can focus on trying to think positive...but it seems like it will take me forever to get back to normal. thank u every1 for ur replies. i know it can be dangerous to ''google ur sympoms'' but this website has been such a help. i am still scared but maybe 20% less :) x x x x

mark1980
02-12-09, 23:46
Hi there, I have been having headaches etc, all on the left. Never had it before and was extremely concerned - try not to worry as its just stress/anxiety or a migraine.
I had never had a migraine before but now I know that this was what I was experiencing so they can come from no-where. Hope you feel better - NEVER google symptoms :winks:

shaz01
03-12-09, 00:00
Hi there, I also have been suffering since Sept, started with a numbness and tingling, pins and needles and like spasms in my head, mainly on the right side, also had issues with down the side of my face etc...just wanted to let you know your not alone x