PDA

View Full Version : Sore throat, again

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 14:52
I posted on here a few weeks ago, about a sore throat. It lasted about a week tops, then went. Couldn't imagine it going to be honest what with sufferring with this HA stuff! But it did. Anyway, its back again. Since wednesday.
This will sound weird but I almost want to get swine flu with it! Atleast then I will know what it is. Its on the right side of my throat again like before.
Everyone at work is coming down with Swine flu, & say it starts with a sore throat, yet I have had the sore throat since wednesday, & nothing has materialised apart from that!
Should I be worried?
Its not so bad when I wake up, but gets worse as the day goes on. But almost comes & goes in severity, if that makes sense. But its never terrible. I had a terrible throat virus years ago where I had to sit up in bed & hold my throat when I swallowed, & its nowhere near that bad.
Would you be worried?
I'm 38 by the way & yes I smoke :weep:
Sorry for the long post...

cunny1980
28-11-09, 15:31
Hi sorry to hear your not feeling well. I think theres that many colds and infections going round at the moment (not just swine flu). I keep feeling like Im getting a bad cold then it goes then it comes back again its so annoying. My patner has had a sore throat on & off for the last few weeks as well. Have you checked your tempreture? With swine flu you get a high temp I think. I drink ginger tea it tastes abit grim but it does ease a sore throat. Hope your feeling better soon Zoe xx

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 15:44
Hi sorry to hear your not feeling well. I think theres that many colds and infections going round at the moment (not just swine flu). I keep feeling like Im getting a bad cold then it goes then it comes back again its so annoying. My patner has had a sore throat on & off for the last few weeks as well. Have you checked your tempreture? With swine flu you get a high temp I think. I drink ginger tea it tastes abit grim but it does ease a sore throat. Hope your feeling better soon Zoe xx

No temperature :o(
Sound horrible, but I wish there was! I wouldn't worry then. If that makes sense lol
Thursday night I started to feel a bit, snotty! & a tickly cough, so I figured I had a virus coming. Then I woke up thursday fine, & just had the sore throat again lol
I keep telling myself its the time of year, & it probably is. Its just my stupid mind I expect, playing silly buggers again.
I will never forget an article in the newspaper over a year ao now, about a guy that kept getting sore throats & it turned out to be cancer.
So its typical I have had the same sore throat twice in as many months now! Grrrrr :wacko:
x

cunny1980
28-11-09, 15:49
I have been exactly the same I keep spending time with people who have got colds just hoping I wil catch it and b done with it. Id see how you go and if it doesnt fully go away get your doc to have a check x

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 15:54
I have been exactly the same I keep spending time with people who have got colds just hoping I wil catch it and b done with it. Id see how you go and if it doesnt fully go away get your doc to have a check x

I'm thinking wait 2 weeks & if it hasn't gone go to the docs.
2 weeks is about the right time with things like that isn't it. You've got to give viruses atleast that time apparently.
I have just always had a bit of a thing about smoking related things. Stupid I know because I smoke!
I had a Globus in the past & was convinced it was bad. Until I joined here & realised its comon with stress. Funnily enough, not had that since! x

claire m
28-11-09, 17:32
i remember reading your posts about this last time as like you i keep getting sore throats and always on the right side i always feel like im going to come down with something.
i had swine flu in august and it came on very quickly within hours of feeling fine to in bed shivering with high fever.

Typer
28-11-09, 17:39
Maybe you have tonsillitis. Seems a lot of that about. Perhaps your body keeps trying to fight it off.

If you can have honey....get some manuka and let a spoonful of it slide down your throat and stay there till of course it all gets swallowed away. Do that twice a day and once before bed. I know sugar is not that good for teeth at night but it may just get to that soar throat

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 17:44
i remember reading your posts about this last time as like you i keep getting sore throats and always on the right side i always feel like im going to come down with something.
i had swine flu in august and it came on very quickly within hours of feeling fine to in bed shivering with high fever.

Its a pain in the arse isn't it! Scuse my french!
Yes, people at work were saying it hits you bad, they couldn't get out of bed & slept for a couple of days.
I just keep thinking atleast if that happens I will then think ok thats why I had the sore throat first, its just a virus.
Comes to something when you're wishing Swine flu on yourself! Thats read bad :weep:

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 17:48
Maybe you have tonsillitis. Seems a lot of that about. Perhaps your body keeps trying to fight it off.

If you can have honey....get some manuka and let a spoonful of it slide down your throat and stay there till of course it all gets swallowed away. Do that twice a day and once before bed. I know sugar is not that good for teeth at night but it may just get to that soar throat

I wondered about the Tonsilitis thing too. And its in that area. But the right side doesn't actually look any different. Thats a good thing though isn't it really? Prehaps a virus wouldn't actually make it 'look' any different?
Manuka? Ive never heard of that, is it at the pharmacy or actually in the honey aisle of the supermarket? x

Typer
28-11-09, 18:03
You can buy it in the supermarket. It's used in hospitals for MRSA and wound healing for mouth cancer. I take it 3 times a day anyway, as it's helped so many other things for me.

There is a lot of info in health food shops about it. I get mine at Morrisons.

here is a link with a little info:

http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/sore-throat.htm

Cell block H fan
28-11-09, 18:26
You can buy it in the supermarket. It's used in hospitals for MRSA and wound healing for mouth cancer. I take it 3 times a day anyway, as it's helped so many other things for me.

There is a lot of info in health food shops about it. I get mine at Morrisons.

here is a link with a little info:

http://www.manukahoneyusa.com/sore-throat.htm

Oooh I like the idea of it on toast!
Is it sad that I found a little comfort in you saying it is used for wound healing for mouth cancer? Thats made me think atleast if I had something bad, it could be treated! I'm screwed up in the brain aren't I :weep:!
I will pick some of that up monday when at work. I have been using Halls Soothers, & ive always been sceptical about sucking on sore throat sweets since a doctor told me years ago they encourage bacteria to grow. But i'm quite certain I haven't got a throat infection, so I thought it was ok x