PDA

View Full Version : day 20

happy happy ron
28-11-09, 15:18
hi all, now on my 20th day on citalopram. some side effects getting better, some not. felt bit better monday/ tuesday but then wednesday had mega panic attack in middle of night. quick question to all out there, has anyone suffered constant dizziness/lightheadedness as a side effect while on citalopram?? i suffered with constant dizziness/light headedness before i started all the meds but never this bad, each week it seems to get worse even when im sat i can still feel it. my dr says its nothing to worry about and wants to deal with the anxiety first but im scared if the dizziness doesnt get better then the anxiety wont get better, anyone got any suggestions, know anything i can do to help dizziness, anyone suffering with constant dizziness , any help would really be appreciated.

Logan_Five
28-11-09, 20:00
I've been light-headed a couple of times, after having been on Citalopram (20mg) for nearly 4 weeks now. I'm not sure whether the side effects have made my anxiety worse, though it does seem to be settling down a little now. This is the 3rd time I've been on it in the last 6 years and it has helped me before. Hoping that it can do so again, so gonna give it another couple of weeks. Apparently it can take anywhere between 2-6 weeks to bed in properly.

happy happy ron
29-11-09, 15:13
thanks, anxiety is up and down for me, just this damn dizziness dont know if its cos of citalopram or something else

lynn1960
29-11-09, 15:30
i have not been on citalpram but was on a similair drug called steraline this took a good six weeks to get into my system. the ansiety did seem to get worse to start with but did start to die down as the tab kicked in. after the six wseeks i felt well enough to go back to work and even do a bit of overtime give the meds chance and try to put up with the side effects its worth it in the end