PDA

View Full Version : Need Help guy's!

tammyjin
16-11-05, 10:31
I have sat this morning and read topics in forums feeling really reluctant to write this but i need help
A week ago my partner told me that his company were sending him away for a week. The thougth of this sent me into complete panic i wound up having an attack and after the fear involved in that tried to put it out of my mind guess what it's not working!
We are now on wednesday and i have to start his packing i am struggling just to put stuff in the case.
I don't know what to do the thought of having an attack alone is scaring the hell out of me.
I can cope with the day time it's the evening's he's not the best of support but he does calm me down. i keep hoping it will get cancelled and then i panic because he is flying down.
Please if anyone has any suggestions please let me know i really am frightned

Thanks Tammy

Wannabeloved85
16-11-05, 11:09
Hi Tammy,
I cant really help, but i just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.Not even close to it, yes you may be in a house on your own and in bed alone, but everyone who cares about you and everyone you care about is with you all the time. I know what its like to be alone with fear and have nowone there, i hate being alone myself im agoraphobic.
Maybe you could look after someones dog? or have a teddy bear to talk to! it doesnt matter who or what it is you choose as company, because your not really alone. I think yur going to do just fine.
Just remember that even though he's leaving for a week, he's also coming back!
Listen to relaxing music at night in bed and take this oppertuity to have a full girly week! pamper watch girly films etc!
Take care
Becci x x x

vernon
16-11-05, 12:38
Hi Tammy, Guess we are just to used to having our partner around. I am the same with my wife we are never apart and apart from years ago when she had the children we have never been apart, A few months back my wife’s dads last brother died and her dad being alone in Preston and we live in Coventry so she really had to go see her dad and to the funeral. My anxiety and phobia was far to high at the time so no way could I go with her. She went with my son, left Monday and returned Wednesday. What a state I was in omg I felt the end of the world hade come, and like you dreading the nighttime not the so much the day. I wake in the mornings and really need her there next to me, as I always feel so bad I am going to die. She would have stayed if I asked her to but that would have been another worry on my mind, me stopping her seeing her dad and he is old and anything could happen so I told her to go and I would be ok. I did have 2 other kids here with me 17 son and 21-year-old daughter but this didn’t help at all. Well what I did was kept really busy even though I was shaky and scared all the time and set out to do them a big special dinner for there return. Any way now her dad is pretty Ill and she really wants to go see him again for a few days, as this might be the last time the way things are going. He is alone had heart attacks 3, stroke and now found he has prostrate cancer; he is 84 so I don’t think he has much time left. So I fully understand she wants to go see him for a couple of days. She wants me to go with her and even though I am much much better than I was feel quite Ill thinking about it I like you don’t really know what to do. I think it’s all nice and good having close relationships but for us with anxiety it doesn’t do us any good. We have been married 28 years and are always together shops outings etc; people think how nice but relay it isn’t as when one of us dies the other is relay going to be lost? Have you any family or friends you can stay with or they stay over with you? If not do what I did at night come into our chat room there is usually someone there to chat to until pretty late, that helped me, I relay know how you feel and feel similar myself at the moment. But you will be ok just come on here at night for a chat and keep busy. Keep us informed how you are. Take care. Vernon

Piglet
16-11-05, 13:02
Hi Tammy,

You can do this by keeping as busy as you can (in a nice way).

Come on here, go in the chatroom, see if any mates fancy coming over etc.

Make yourself little goals for each day while he's away. Obviously you would prefer him to be there but this will show you that you can manage and that will be good for your confidence.

Verny, aww, that is lovely how you and your wife are with each other (a real achievement in this day and age) you must be soul mates!!! Oh and I know Preston very well and do hope you wifes dad is doing ok. If you don't feel you can go then I suggest the same for you as for Tammy.

Hopefully catch you both in chat.

Take care guys.

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
16-11-05, 14:25
Tammy

Get organized to keep busy and distracted and to have people you can call on for help or a chat..

Hopefully our chatroom may be back working and there's company in there till the early hours usually.

i need to overcome this (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3956)
help needed am i mental (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5770)
Developed a fear of being on my own (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4823)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

tammyjin
16-11-05, 15:49
Thank you to all who have replied but no offence especially to vernon thank you for telling that you to have the same hard time being alone i was really starting to feel unique on this one, I really hope that every thing will be alright for your wife and your family. All the bestx
when it is up and running hopefully next week i will take your advice and come on to the chat room in the evenings

Tammy

polly a
19-11-05, 17:26
:D hi tammy love i can really sympathise on you with this one,my husband was due to go on a fishing holiday abroad,the night before his flight my daughter got took in hospital and diagnosed with insulin dependant diabetes,wich was a really big deal as she has a needle phobia all her life,i knew i had to stay strong for her,and hubby said he wouldnt go on holiday as we were all upset,i went home from hospital to wave him off,and when he went i had a massive panic attack,i thought its sink or swiw time,and i swam,i felt so proud of myself copin alone with all the probs while he was on his well earned holiday,it did absolute wonders for my esteem and panic,now i wave him off every year knowing when he comes back ille be a much more posotive person for just relying on myself,im sure youlle be fine love and feel a lot stronger and posotive from it ,i love it now,hes off for 2 week next year polly xx

p appleyard

rachy_babyx
20-11-05, 11:00
hiya
my partner was away for a long weekend a month a go and although the first night was difficult after that i started to enjoy being me again.

getting through it on my own showed me i don't need him to cure my anxiety and i can now do things on my own i never would have dreamt of a month ago

take care
love Rachelxxx