PDA

View Full Version : New wave of anxiety

phil06
29-11-09, 12:00
I've been suffering this new wave of anxiety the last few months. Basically the inability to cope with the anxiety and life but it's the anxiety telling me I can't cope. I find myself getting worked up extremely easy. I keep getting flashing negative images.

Sometimes out of the blue it stikes me down and I feel I'm losing my mind and it's almost impending the feeling. The feelings lately I feel are me but they are not. It's almost like the negative thoughts have got such a hold of me.

I'm unable to distract or block images out. But when these going mad phases strike me down it scares me as I don't feel in control my adrenaline is high and the anxiety is off the roof sometimes I can't find the trigger. My mind says "I'm ever closer to losing it" "Each knock back is sending me down the worse road and won't cope in the future". I would even say it spoils me feeling happy or doing pleasant things at the moment.

I don't known if it's just been a bad year, or if it's distraction problems. It's just like an impending feeling, doubt, fear and sometimes I'm stuck had nights with no sleep, on my last job I phoned in sick as I felt out of control, panic attacks come on suddenly. It's just a weird mix of anxiety and ocd. I find it hard to explain the feeling. Any positive thoughts I look to the future I see this MASSIVE anxiety bubble...oh but the anxiety and just see misery after that.

Will there be more waves? I'm fed up feeling like this. :blush:

messianictalmud
29-11-09, 12:15
It may be worth going back to see your GP, even for reassurance that your not going mad.