PDA

View Full Version : Worse panic ever...

Tomimo
29-11-09, 12:09
I've just spent a few days in hospital with a ovary problem. I was given lots of pain medication which made me very spaced out. I had a bad reaction to morphine which made me very anxious. Before I left yesterday I coughed up some blood ( I had a really long lasting chest infection in september and October) the doctors were completely unipresses by the blood and weren't at all worried and discharged me. I got really worked up about it fearing lung cancer and all sorts.

Anyway, I came home last night feeling crappy from being in bed for 5 days and coming off all of the medication but all night I had pains in my chest, shortness of breath and felt like I was dying. My husband was great at reassuring me and obviously I lived through the night. At 6am I called the out of hours dioc and asked them to see me- I went down there,SATs were greT at 99 bur heart rate was fast (I was realy panicking). The doc was not at all worried, listened to my chest and said it was clear. I asked about pulmonary embolism and he said he didn't think so and didn't comment on chest pains. Obv I was pleased that chest was clear but he wasn't at all reassuring which is what i needed.

Anyway we're home again and I feel terrible, so short of breath, pain in chest and stomach and still getting tiny bits if bloodin sputum ? But mostly a tickly cough. I KNOW it's probably just panic, Ive been here before and realise that I should relax and it should pass buy somehow I feel that there is something seriously wrong.

I'm terrified that it's just being put down to anxiety when it might be something serious but at the same time I realise the power of anxiety and know how badly it can make me feel. I know I can't keep running to the hospital every five minutes but how will I know if it's a real emergency when they feel so similar?
I've got diazapan at home for fear of flying, I never have to take it as normally when I have a panic attack just thinking about taking it us enough to stop the panic but this time I may have to take it. How do you cope with long lasting panic attacks that seem like something more serious? How do you believe what the doctors say, surely they can't know everything?

I know it's a rant I just wanted to say it somehwere where people know how it feels.

gypsywomen
29-11-09, 12:25
if the hospital let you go home they were satisfied you were ok ,,if the doctor thinks the same then it must be anxiety,, but if you still worried talk to nhs direct there very goo ,,as for diazepam yes they will help you make you relax hope this helps love xxx

Veronica H
29-11-09, 12:25
:bighug1:You have been through some trauma this week and I think you just need time to settle. Hang in there.

Veronica