PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to bother you again.....

Sheik N Shimmy
16-11-05, 11:26
Has anybody here experienced dramatic weight loss over a fairly short period of time? Has it been explained by anxiety?

I feel I'm on the road to recovering from a bout of anxiety that has lasted more than two months. In that time I have lost about a stone and a half or 20 pounds. I'm down to 12 stone and was 13.5 stone.

Several people have commented on how much weight I've lost (which gets me worrying again!!!)

Any feedback much appreciated.

E

Keep On Keepin On

Wannabeloved85
16-11-05, 11:42
HeyE,
I have the mind over mood book and weightloss can be caused by depression and i think anxiety too, i know depression is linked to anxiety so that could explain it.
Hope this helps
Becci x x x

mazz
16-11-05, 12:21
hi ya , hey dont worry to much about the weight loss . i had lost weight since all the axniety kicked in . i bet your not eating half as much because of the panic ?if your seriosly worried have a word with your doc . but i think it may be linked to your anxiety good luck mazzx

vernon
16-11-05, 12:43
Hi sheik, Dont worry about it I lost well over a stone to last lot of anxiety I had over 2 years ago. I was back and forth to doctors I realy thought there was something wrong with me, Now my arms leggs and tummy are so much thinnner I was always around 13 stone 9 Mainley tummy) but am now always around 11. this happened when I had the last bad spell of anxiety and worrying just made it all worst. I am glad now as I can fit into normal jeans and cloths and it had to be anxiety as I am ok now. Take care. Vernon

Piglet
16-11-05, 12:53
When I first had anxiety and was acute I dropped well over a stone in a few weeks - when you start to feel a little better it soon comes back though so dont worry about it.

Love Piglet.:)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

lainey
16-11-05, 13:41
When my anxiety was acute I lost about 23 Ibs over a matter of weeks even though I thought I was eating normally, it's all part of anxiety mate.

Takec are

Elaine x

Meg
16-11-05, 14:30
Very normal..

loss of appetite (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2585)
weight loss (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5876)
does anybody feel sick or cant eat for days (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4842)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

boy
20-11-05, 02:30
I'm a thin Jim anyway and very light so I can't really see the differnece (and haven't measured before and after) but I can tell you in my murky depths I know I eat less coz I simply don't feel like it.

polly a
22-11-05, 17:22
hi sheik ,yes me again,same to be having same probs,i lost a stone in 2 week with anxiety,trouble is im piling it on again,hoping to have another breakdown before xmas to wear my party dress lol tc.

p appleyard