PDA

View Full Version : Always anxious.

Delaney
29-11-09, 14:44
Why do I always feel guilty about anything I've done or said, always feel paranoid around people or in a busy place, always feel in bad shape. My head always feels like it is permanently in a fog, and I feel fat, ugly, worthless, useless, and that my crap existence won't amount to nothing.
?????????? HELP PLEASE ????????????

Kirsty-Jayne
29-11-09, 14:51
This is just yet again, another glorious side effect to anxiety.. They are all perfectly normal, im sure at some point, we would all love to feel normal (well maybe all the time) But there are perfectly normal reasons for you to be feeling the way you do. You're not worthless, anxiety can be a good thing in our lives or a bad thing.. Every human being has the right to experience whatever he or she wants to. Busy places i myself cant cope with, i feel like i cant breathe, and that i cant focus on every one as quick as a 'normal' person shall we say.. Do you drink alot of caffeine? It sounds like you're on edge about something? How is your sleep? Maybe trying some relaxation, while you're about to sleep. I wake up feeling less anxious the next day. But obviously you know yourself that dreaded word Anxiety is just a sensation half the time. Nothing more.. =]

erin31
29-11-09, 15:28
You are not fat, ugly, worthless or useless. You suffer from this nightmare called anxiety.
I worry so much about everything I have said or done that I analyse every conversation for hours afterwards!
You say you feel worthless and useless yet while feeling like this you still care enough about others to post on the fourm and give them support. You are none of the negative things you say you are but you are going through a bad time which we all do, even with medication.
:hugs:

Dolan1989
29-11-09, 15:44
Try and remember that everyone in the world struggles with these feelings from time to time, unless they are psychotic, and that it is what makes us human.

Each time you think something negative about yourself, give them voices a telling off and then think about something positive.

Try not to beat yourself up about it, becuase that just makes it happen more and more.

Have the thought and then brush it off.

Easier said then done, but you'll get the hang of it.

Nat xx

Maj
29-11-09, 16:03
Aw don't be so hard on yourself!!! Your self esteem is obviously very low. That's why you feel like you do. Sounds like you need to start doing things for YOU and giving yourself some T.L.C. If you really think you are overweight then why don't you start a health plan which in turn actually makes you feel happier. This will help YOU and it's you that's worth it. The reason you feel guilty about what you say to other people is because you lack in self confidence but you can get that back. I think if you concentrate on getting yourself in better shape then the rest will follow. I know it's not easy and probably sounds corny but if you are happy with yourself then confidence follows. Please stop beating yourself up. Start thinking more of yourself, you deserve it.:hugs:
Myra

Delaney
29-11-09, 17:17
Thanks guys for the replies, much appreciated.

erin31
29-11-09, 17:38
I would like to add something to what you said about being overweight.
I was very ill for a few years and gained a mass of weight (4 stone to be exact) due to being imobile and taking steroids. I never even thought of my weight at that time as I had more important things i.e. my illness, to think about.
You too have an illness and maybe it is best if you also take one step at a time. Try and get better first then think about your weight, if you are indeed overweight. Something tells me you are not overweight but that you are very negative about yourself.
Don't put too much pressure on yourself, deal with getting better first.
If you have gained weight while being unwell with depression you may find that once you start to feel better you start to lose it anyway.
:hugs:

Oh I've just read what Myra said about a health plan. That is such a good idea and such a positive step forward.

Maj
29-11-09, 17:58
Erin I agree about getting yourself better first. I also think though that having weight issues can really drag you down and you are in a vicious circle. Comfort eating is so easy to do if you are feeling down. I just think that making a few health changes can instantly give you a lift.
Myra x

erin31
29-11-09, 18:05
I totally agree Myra. I think you have made a great suggestion :flowers:

messianictalmud
29-11-09, 21:03
As Customer Service worker you have some really great qualities otherwise you wouldn't have been employed to be one.