PDA

View Full Version : new to the place : )

LLeah
30-11-09, 04:31
hi everyone,

i came across this website today after doing some research on anxiety. its been really helpful and encouraging so far and im hoping to find more answers and help in the coming days/weeks.

i've struggled with anxiety for some time now ..but its always been manageable and never a big issue in my daily life. However, about 2 weeks ago I had a full blown anxiety attack and have been struggling ever since. I feel lost in my own mind like I'm going mental/crazy at times and am struggling with derealization/depersonalization i believe. i feel distanced from reality and feel like im not really there at times....like my body is going through the emotions by my mind/soul is somewhere floating elsewhere. makes me feel like im going crazy : ( im taking lorazapam for now and it helps me feel somewhat normal when i do..but its still a daily struggle with many ups and downs. when im really struggling...it gets really bad and i tend to feel depressed or feel that i cant handle it all. im hoping to get better and want to try to figure out how i can get better.

Thanks for hearing me out and hope that we can all help each other out!

nomorepanic
30-11-09, 04:39
Hi LLeah

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

tnt808
30-11-09, 04:41
Welcome to the site LLeah! I hope you find it as useful and comforting as I have.

DeMac
30-11-09, 04:45
Hi LLeah, You'll find this site to be a godsend like the rest of us have - how I managed without i'll never know.:hugs:

looking4answers
30-11-09, 05:35
We are all here for you .. Don't worry be happy you are among friends.. Michael:hugs: