PDA

View Full Version : Really bad day !!!!!!

lillylou17
30-11-09, 09:30
Hi i am having a really bad day and am hoping i can get some advice form the people here.
I have been suffering with health anxiety for 11 years, this latest bout has also brought about depression, i think it stems from just wanting the anxiety to go away.
The doctor has prescribed me 15mg mirtazapine which as of yet i have not taken because i am just to scared to.
I am so tearful today and have just burst into floods of tears in the school playground which has made me feel extremely silly.
Can i get over this naturally or am i going to have to give in and take these tablets?
I just don't know what else to do, i want to find me again the me who had a love for life.
Any advice would be appreciated.
:hugs:

Downsinthenorth
30-11-09, 09:59
I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad - I for one understand how frightening it is to suffer from anxiety and/or depression. Rest assured, you will get better again, even though it's probably hard to imagine at the moment.

I suspect that you probably feel like you can't make any decisions at the moment (that's how I feel when I'm bad), but only you can decide how you want to approach your recovery.

Your decisions need to be informed, so do some research on mirtazapine and go back to your doctor to get more information on this drug. I am anti-medication too, but after years of struggling I have reluctantly decided that I have to take some (prozac, a low doseage) to keep on an even keel. That's just me though.

Even if you do decide to take the mirtazapine, this won't stop you considering other remedies for, and ways to alleviate your condition. You only have to read the posts on this board to realise that their are so many ways we can help ourselves, the only trouble being that as individuals, we all react differently to different things. It's all very trial and error, and process of elimination, I'm afraid.

Sorry if this sounds a bit vague, but I'm trying to avoid offering advice that I'm not qualified to give.

Hope you feel better soon. :)

anx mum
30-11-09, 10:12
Really can understand how u feel ive suffered from health anxiety and panic attacks since 17 on and off im now 30 its really hard like u just wanna b myself again. Had awful weekend panic attack yesterday just walking 2 local shop. Pm anytime

ZoJo
30-11-09, 10:39
Hi Lillylou,

Like Downinthenorth I also decided finally on medication and was put on cipralex, I stopped after about seven months because I felt that it was the right time to do so. I have minor blips now and again and after havng a migraine at the weekend today is one of them! BUT they got me on the path to normality again.
Don't be scared, Downinthenorth is right, trial and error then hopefully you can decide what is best for you. I did a lot of research and talking with my doctor which helped me decide what I needed to do.
I now try and use natural methods like rescue remedy and breathing techniques or just talking about how I am feeling helps!

Good luck and I'm sure you will start to feel better soon :)