PDA

View Full Version : Dry painful eyes

Andyc21
30-11-09, 12:02
Does anyone else get this? I can wake up in the morning feeling tired as I always do but my eyes aren't burning or dry. Then after a few hours my eyes start to become dry and hurt and I have to blink a lot. I don't know if this is an anxiety symptom or just my body not creating enough fluid for my eyes.

suzy-sue
30-11-09, 12:36
My husband has dry eyes ..You can buy drops from the chemist .But you should get it checked as Tetley says .Its nothing to worry about .Luv Sue x

sarah jayne
30-11-09, 14:17
my mother in law suffers frim dry eyes, she has done for years. I cant remember the name for the condition she has but its nothing to worry about. She has to put drops in every day and shes fine. the only thing she has to avoid doing is getting chlorine in them when she goes swimming.
Sarah x

Mya
30-11-09, 19:38
I find my eyes are so much dryer when my anxiety is in full gear. There are times I blink and my eyes are almost glued shut. I notice I am not blinking much when I am very anxious and that makes my eyes drier. I also tend to lose all desire to eat and drink when anxious so i am sure dehydration is a factor too. Looking at the computer for long periods of time does not help either.

seeker
01-12-09, 20:52
do you work in an office or anywhere with air conditioning or central heating? In tests, offices and places with a/c are often drier than deserts, leading to many workers/residents with c/h on having dry eyes. Try putting a bowl of water near the radiator or leaving a window open and/or getting lubricating drops from the chemist.

guitarpants
01-12-09, 21:25
The same happens to me but it's the opposite. During the day they seem better but they get extremely dry at night.