PDA

View Full Version : pins and needles sensation in my head/brain

carolnotts
30-11-09, 15:55
hi i have suffered form panic attacks for years but over the past two to three weeks they have taken over my life, i was put on meds by the doctor which take the curb off the panic attacks which they have done however whilst out on thursday my legs went like jelly and i felt really sick then on friday i took what can only be described as pins and needles in my head and felt like i was going to have a nervous breakdown it was horrendous i am still having the pins and needle sensations although do not feel quite so light headed the feeling seems to travel down to my face and the bottom of my ears and my ears feel like they need to pop

please tell me im ok and not going off my head

gypsygirl30
30-11-09, 16:27
I get the pins and needles feeling too usually around my face. It seems to happen when I'm anxious and am overbreathing. Try to relax and take slow deep breaths, that usually helps me. Also, if you can find a way to distract yourself and take your mind off the sensations for a while they may disappear faster.

carolnotts
30-11-09, 16:59
yes seems to be my forhead today and my upper lip these only started on friday and to be fair they are better touch wood today than they have been over the weekend, will try my breathing thanks x