PDA

View Full Version : Hi there i am new

carolnotts
30-11-09, 17:03
Hi there i am Carol i am new to the site. i suffer from severe panic attacks which i am on meds for now which have taken the curb off the panic attacks. Now i am having jelly legs and a pins and needles in my head and have been referred to a councillor but before i get to see the councillor i have to go through a 15 min telephone assessment. i am happy for any advice anyone would like to give me to help because on friday for the first time i thought my kids would be better off without me around and i dont want to be thinking like that

diane07
30-11-09, 17:05
Hi carolnotts

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Maj
30-11-09, 17:15
hello Carol:welcome: Pleased to hear from you. You will get lots of support and advice from this site. You are not alone:hugs: The symptoms you have are classic anxiety symptoms. You can recover and get back to your old self with the right treatment. And no, your family wouldn't be better off without you, you are a lovely mum suffering from anxiety. Stop being so hard on yourself.
Myra x

carolnotts
30-11-09, 17:30
thank you both so much. my friend recommended the site to me she said she wouldnt have gotten by without it and she is def on the mend now.

gcl86
30-11-09, 17:38
Hello! im also a new member and the people and information here will definitely help you, i feel very welcome already,3 posts in!
And i agree 100% with Myra, of course your kids need you, there is no way they would be better without you, im sure with time and the right help you'll get there and back to telling them off for bringing mud into the house!:D

mandyclare
30-11-09, 17:41
Hiya Carol

The symptoms of panic and anxiety are just awful arent they but I hope that getting to know people on NMP will help you to realise you are not alone with these feelings.

mand x

pink17
30-11-09, 18:48
hiya,im so glad i have found this site,i have just joined today,i have depression,i think im going to find this site very helpful!

carolnotts
30-11-09, 20:09
thank you all so much for your warm welcome and hi to the other new members also xx

feels like prison
02-12-09, 16:07
Hi Carolnotts

Being a father of 4 I totally understand what you are going through. At times I have felt the same way but remember irrational thoughts are from the anxiety and not from your heart. Your children are your life and your soul and they deserve to have their mum. I am curious how long have you been on the meds for? I kinda had feelings like that with some medication they had put me on.

Take care of yourself.

Randy

gypsywomen
02-12-09, 16:09
children need there mum no matter what love xxx