PDA

View Full Version : getting there.

colin
16-11-05, 16:32
How to explain. I read an article on how to get over panic attacks.
If you want I can send it to you? In brief it says that to overcome
panic you have to let it happen, ( like you can stop it) but instead of
saying oh no go away you try to want it to happen, let it be as bad as it wants to be. You say to yourself is that the best you can do? You go towards it instead of running away. I did this and when I did it got less
then went away.So now whenever it trys I stop what I'm doing and let it
happen, but it goes away.Four weeks ago I was having panic in waves,
It works. when you do this more than once the fear gets less.I'm sitting here now calmer than I've been since it started. I wish I could explain it
better, but I'm hopeless on this keyboard.

http://www.members.aol.com/jambeau1/panic.html

petegms
16-11-05, 17:03
sounds like a awesome technique colin! I need to start trying that, like when i feel short of breath be like "go ahead see if ill stop breathing!!" or when i feel lightheaded "go ahead and faint!"
but i would definetly like to read that article, send it on this way =)

nomorepanic
16-11-05, 21:23
Colin

This is very true - you have to let it wash over you as much as you can. Hard to do but does help.

Glad you are doing well with the technique.

Nicola

Meg
16-11-05, 21:27
Colin,

Glad its helping you a lot. Good news

Claire Weekes books go into this in great detail if you wanted to look into it in more depth.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

lotus
16-11-05, 23:18
Thanks Colin, this is a great article, very well written, the author's arguments are sensible and logical, I think this technique is worth giving a try!
I will definitely save the article and re-read it whenever I need to :)