PDA

View Full Version : 12 weeks today!

chickpea
30-11-09, 20:28
That's how long I've been on Citalopram now.
Feels like about 5 minutes, but a lifetime as well.

I am doing so, so well. I never thought I'd say that, after all I went through at the start but I have now had over 3 weeks straight of no anxiety and very few down moments.:yesyes:
I'm sleeping really well, eating well, enjoying life, looking forward to things and feeling positive that this has all been worth it.:)

The last 12 weeks have given me a lot of thinking time and I have been able to sort out lots of issues I had with myself - thanks also to hypnotherapy CD's, self-help books, supplements and some hard work.

To anyone who's struggling right now in the early stages of taking Citalopram - you WILL get there and feel better for it.:bighug1:

KK77
30-11-09, 23:51
It's very nice to hear positive comments about medication! But it's also good that you haven't relied on meds alone.

I hope you continue to feel well - your positivity is uplifting.

maddie
30-11-09, 23:59
That's marvellous! Thanks for letting us know. Keep up the good work. :D

Masa
01-12-09, 16:00
Very well done! I am feeling better too and my 12 week mark is this coming Saturday!! :)

happy happy ron
01-12-09, 17:12
hi, when you first started taking these did you even get dizziness as a side effect?? also how long did the side effects last for you?? thanks

EmmaJane
01-12-09, 17:16
That is really good news. I'm on week 4 and starting to feel a bit better on Cipralex. Roll on week 12. Good luck to you :-) xx

gcl86
01-12-09, 17:43
Well done chickpea!! it makes that week or two feeling awful more than worth it! You kind of almost look back at when you were at your worst as if it was a different person.
So happy for you and pleased for you! Keep the good times coming please!! :hugs:

chickpea
01-12-09, 21:03
hi, when you first started taking these did you even get dizziness as a side effect?? also how long did the side effects last for you?? thanks

I had the worst side-effects my GP had ever seen!
The first dose knocked my out cold, followed by terrible diarrhoea, all-night panic, nausea, memory-loss, insomnia, weight-loss etc.. I felt like a zombie (I could barely speak!), I had cold rushes through my arms, increased anxiety, shaking, intrusive thoughts - you name it.

I'll be honest - it took about 3 weeks for the worst side effects to go completely, and after that the worst thing was morning anxiety (which has almost totally disappeard now).

Hang in there, Ron. It feels like hell at the beginning, but one day, you'll wake up and realise you haven't even thought about anxiety for a few days.:yesyes:

chickpea
01-12-09, 21:04
Well done chickpea!! it makes that week or two feeling awful more than worth it! You kind of almost look back at when you were at your worst as if it was a different person.
So happy for you and pleased for you! Keep the good times coming please!! :hugs:

So, so true!

It's a bit like childbirth - you forget just how awful it was lol!!!!!!:D

Logan_Five
01-12-09, 23:01
Glad to hear that it's working for you. Offers hope to those of us who aren't so far down the line (I've just began week 5 on Citalopram)

labamba
01-12-09, 23:48
Fab news. I'm taking mine for anxiety too and hope I can face some of my fears with the help of thus little pill! Willpower alone has been ok but end up over stressed after it and my anxiety keeps peaking and then lowering way too often so thought it might actually benefit my health better to be less anxious. I'm on day five and had a few side effects but nothing too bad yet anyway. Take care and nice to hear something positive too! :)