PDA

View Full Version : hi every one

playman44
30-11-09, 20:43
hi everyone ,not been on for quite some time now ,decided to try and overcome my troubles by throwing myself into my work,so i have not been to the docs for months now,still taking 80mg beta blocker every day,which has really helped with the racing heart and i had felt a bit calmer.The thing is this week for some unknown reason the anxiety and panic has returned with vengance,all the old troubles of anxiety are back and the beta blocker seems to have little effect, the pains are back just like before and anxiety attacks are quite bad so wondered if i could pick your collective brains as to why this might be ,thanks :shrug:

Logan_Five
30-11-09, 21:12
I tried beta-blockers when I first developed anxiety problems and found they weren't of benefit for myself. I'd recommend a trip to your GP for a chat and to see if he can help in another way. I know how debilitating anxiety/panic attacks can be. The key is to get seen to and not suffer in silence. Anxiety is often caused by an under-lying issue that remains unresolved, so perhaps counselling may help? Again - this is something a GP can help with.