PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Jemba
30-11-09, 21:05
All,

I have been reading on this site for quite some time and it has given me a lot of reassurance from my health anxiety. I lost my Mum to MS early this year and have generally had a rough time. A while after she went I started having tingling, twitches, numbness, strange sensations. Having read a lot of the posts on here regarding HA I know many have felt the same.

I paid a small fortune to see a neuro privately - had an exam and a brain MRI and it came back clear. Typical HA, thought I might be one of the people where it did not show up, especially because of my family history.

I have just been through 8 sessions of counselling on the NHS which has been of help. I am now seeing a chiropractor for my neck and loss of sensation in my ring and little finger. Going well. Starting to feel more positive, trying to keep moving forward so thought becoming an active member of this forum might help me.

So hello fellow sufferers. :D

diane07
30-11-09, 21:07
Hi Jemba

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Logan_Five
30-11-09, 21:15
Welcome Jemba. :)

playman44
30-11-09, 21:15
hi ya ,just to say welcome ,there are as i found out ,a load of really good people on here to help and talk to,you will never feel alone .sorry to here of your loss ,i know how that feels when i lost my dad a couple of years ago,thats what started my anxiety,keep your chin up ,we are here for each other

Maj
30-11-09, 21:36
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear about your mum. It is very early days for you with this and no wonder you feel like you do. You'll get lots of support and advice from people on here who have been through or are going through the same as you. I'd take each day as it comes and look after yourself.
Take care
Myra:hugs:

Jemba
07-12-09, 22:06
Thanks for the kind words all. It is comforting to hear.:)

catherine.v
07-12-09, 22:10
:welcome: am new here aswell

Veronica H
08-12-09, 11:45
:welcome:Jemba so sorry to hear about your mum. I am glad that you have found us.

Veronica