PDA

View Full Version : newby and unsure

lolly82x
30-11-09, 22:55
Hi everyone, Im not sure if what I suffer from is anxiety but if I describe symptoms and situations it occurs maybe you could help out?

The first attack happened a few years ago, I felt a radiating dull pain at first on my outter lower ribcage that got to such an intensity I was doubled over and finding it hard to breath it feels like severe tightening of the diaphragm, which brings me to shivering and cold sweats, dizziness feeling like I want to throw up, and needing to go to the loo! It panicked me so much I called the ambulance thinking I was going to die! They arrived quickly and by that time I felt completly normal! Like nothing had happened, they checked me over and found nothing at all. Suggested a panic attack.....but I wasnt worrying about a thing at the time.

I was having a tough time with certain goings on in my life and I dont express things to people easily, I wonder if it was/is my subconscious...but how is that possibly to physically feel like that seemingly out of the blue?

I've had them reaccurring ever since and always at the most bizarre moments usually when I'm doing the simplest of things like settling the children or running a bath, doing the washing...and it always starts with the diaphragm pain.

I do get a feeling of sheer dread off and on throughout the day and this sick feeling at the pit of my stomach there is a lot going on right now but isn't there for most people? I dont understand it and i'm fed up with feeling like this.

Anyone help?:shrug::shrug::weep::shrug::weep:

looking4answers
30-11-09, 22:58
Sounds like you have always been anxious but if you go to your doctor and describe what you have here ,even print it out and let them know they can tell by checking you out. Just to be on the safe side but my bet goes towards anxiety they way you are talking about your feelings. By the way welcome to nmp. Michael

lolly82x
30-11-09, 23:11
Thank-you for the advice and welcome:)

I do have that question of why me though because the majority of people have issues and worries...but I guess it differs in person to person how we handle it, I suppose because I dont talk about things and have always over thought everything (and I am a bit of a comedian about the serious stuff to those closest to me) my body is physically reacting.

I will go to the docs tho for sure because I really cant live in fear of having another attack again.....it just boggles me how I can be fine one minute and so not the next!

ian1
01-12-09, 00:09
The 'why me' question is about the least useful thing we can dwell on, so try to avoid having that debate with yourself!

lc2613
01-12-09, 00:23
i get a horrible pain sort of in the middle of my left rib cage but nearest the diaphram side like somebody is applying pressure witha knitting needle don't know if this is anything like what you are describing? x