PDA

View Full Version : Strange or not??

Dazo
01-12-09, 09:53
Is this normal with anxiety? Is this something someone else feels sometimes when anxiety comes?

So for example:

I can sit and have a really nice time when suddenly i feel that my stomache muscles gets really tensed. My breathing gets out of normal rythm and how hard i try i cant relax my stomache muscles and i cant get control over my breathing.
Its like i holding my breath for a long time and gets even more tensed.

Then i get tensed between my shoulder wings and up in my neck.
The tension makes alot of pain inside me and i get dizzy and get brain fog.

After a while like this i get really bad naussea and i get scared of being really ill. Feel like everything around me crashes.
I get this very often and i dont know how to make it stop.
I get so scared of this.

Is all this normal with anxiety? Can someone relate to this?

I have done all tests there is to do and seen all kinds of doctors.

I would really appreciate some help here.

BabyRachel
01-12-09, 10:19
I feel anxiety first in my stomach too. And I am very scared of being sick also. I know its hard to control your breathing when this happens so my advice is to focus on your breathing ALL THE TIME. this will help keep you in a calm state and allow you to hopefully be able to breathe correctly when anxiety strikes.

Best of luck :) xx :hugs:

Dazo
01-12-09, 13:42
Thanks BabyRachel!

Is this normal things in anxiety? I feel like i am so stupid getting so scared all the time.

Utility
01-12-09, 21:30
Hi

Although it can be frightening at the time, these sound like classic anxiety feelings.

Been to Sweden a few times and really love your country.

Best wishes.

Dazo
01-12-09, 21:54
Hi

Although it can be frightening at the time, these sound like classic anxiety feelings.

Been to Sweden a few times and really love your country.

Best wishes.

I guess the symptoms can be anxiety, they are so strong and i just feel so sick and totaly washed out when this hits me.

Thanks for the nice words about my country.

BabyRachel
01-12-09, 22:36
Everyones anxiety is different but your symptoms do sound very 'anxiety like'.

Have you considered seeing a therapist/doctor about your anxiety?

looking4answers
01-12-09, 22:55
Felt exactly this way for awhile in town today until I made up my mind I wasn't going to.. I was sitting in the truck waiting for my wife and felt exactly what you said.. and then I started thinking about the scenery and the different places and things to look at and I felt better. You are not alone and this isn't strange or weird its called anxiety. Michael

Joeturner2
02-12-09, 14:34
thing i dont get is though why dont the symptoms go away after.
i have these symptoms 24/7 even tho i dont feel anxious :(

Dazo
02-12-09, 17:10
thing i dont get is though why dont the symptoms go away after.
i have these symptoms 24/7 even tho i dont feel anxious :(

I ask myself the same question!

Utility
02-12-09, 19:15
Hi

You don't need to be in a state of panic to have the symptoms of anxiety.

Your system may just be in a constant condition of being over sensitive to every feeling in your body. Under normal conditions you may experience a feeling and dismiss it without giving it a second thought, but if your system is over sensitive (wihtout you even realising) then that same feeling may be blown out of proportion - and the cycle feeds a fear.

Break the cycle by distraction, dismissal or relaxation. It will go away.

guitarpants
02-12-09, 21:17
Those symptoms you described can't possibly be any more typical of anxiety. It won't harm you and you'll be fine. What you have to be careful of is when you get fearful after you notice the symptoms, that's when things get out of control and you panic. You should read Claire Weekes' book: "Self help for your nerves", ("hope and help for your nerves" in the US). A lot of people recommend it, and since I've started reading it, I understand why. It explains what you are experiencing and how to completely eliminate those feelings.

Dazo
03-12-09, 12:07
Those symptoms you described can't possibly be any more typical of anxiety. It won't harm you and you'll be fine. What you have to be careful of is when you get fearful after you notice the symptoms, that's when things get out of control and you panic. You should read Claire Weekes' book: "Self help for your nerves", ("hope and help for your nerves" in the US). A lot of people recommend it, and since I've started reading it, I understand why. It explains what you are experiencing and how to completely eliminate those feelings.

Thank you, i guess its all anxiety.
Its just so hard to understand it and how its possible for anxiety to give those feeling like you are dying.
I will read the book, i just bought it.

Hope it can help me understand all this and that i am not sick or dying.

guitarpants
03-12-09, 16:39
I'm still struggling with it myself. It's definitely not easy.