PDA

View Full Version : New here

Xman2007
01-12-09, 12:55
Thought I would register here and come and say hello.
I'm 28 and have had panic attacks since I can remember, I also suffer quite bad from anxiety. The thing is I have had both of these problems so long that I hide them very well and only a few close people know about them and not even the extent of them.

Though its not all doom and gloom, my panic attacks are seasonal mostly! Which isnt good for me at this time of year because they normally come on at the coldest part of winter when frost and snow begins to set it. They are also elevated if I am out early in the mornings or late at night which makes getting to work quite a hassle sometimes.

I have been alright up until this morning when I had my 1st kind of mini one, I say mini, it was still very unpleasant and had my bus not turned up then I am sure it would have gotten a lot worse. ( thank you driver for being 45 mins late in the first place!! :mad:) So today I popped to boots and grabbed some rescue remedy as I had been recommended it by a friend and I see some people use it on here also.

Well I hope it helps a little bit, I hate this season and I hate panic attacks :mad:

marie1974
01-12-09, 12:57
hello and welocme to nmp, i think alot of us learn to hide it well, its sad that we should have to really. u will find loads of support on here and info, also make new friends. hugs xxx

nomorepanic
01-12-09, 12:57
Hi Xman2007

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes