PDA

View Full Version : Helllooooeeeee

klawayla
01-12-09, 14:25
Hi,

This is all new to me but i am hoping i will find this site a great place to start coping with my anxiety.

I am 35 and a married mum of 3 kids. My anxiety started about 3 years ago, i miscarried at 12 weeks and had a small op. My hubby took me away a few days after for a nice break to relax and get over what had happened. While in the car late one night i suddenly noticed that i had a huge lump on the back of my hand where they had inserted the needle to knock me out for the op. This totally freaked me out and i straight away decided that i had a blood clot. The lump went back down within minutes but i was left with a huge black bruise. The next morning still worrying about this lump, my hubby bought me a coffee but he forgot to get decaf and the worry about this lump and the sudden surge of caffeine gave me my first anxiety attack. I really thought that the light headed feeling and all over tingling sensation was this blood clot making it's way to my heart.

After this episode i spent the next 6 months with horrendous panic attacks, not sleeping or eating and generally finding it hard to cope with everyday life. I eventually went to a counsellor but after 2 sessions i decided it wasn't for me and that i was a strong person and i could overcome it on my own. It took me about another 6 months to really get it under control but i did manage it and actually had about 3/4 months of not thinking about having anxiety at all.

Since then i have good montha and bad months and this month has been a particularly bad month and i think because of this it has made me look else where for help and this is how i have ended up here.

My latest thing is still my health but about a month ago i had some pains in the left of my chest. I think it was indigestion at the time but of course i got it into my head that it was my heart and so i triggered another round of anxiety attacks. I know that this is all just anxiety that is causing these pains because when i am out with friends or busy chatting up the school, it isn't until i get home that i realise that i have had no pain and not even thought about it but the moment that thought comes into my head, back comes the chest pain.

So i'm hoping by joining this site that i will be able to sort out these anxiety attacks and eventually start to live my life how i use to 3 years ago.

Well done if you have read all of this.

nomorepanic
01-12-09, 14:26
Hi klawayla

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

pollyanna
01-12-09, 14:44
hello, and :welcome:, im sure you will find this site very useful, and there are lots of nice people here too. Im sure you will settle in well.

Best wishes

P x

EmmaJane
01-12-09, 14:49
Welcome to NMP

feels like prison
02-12-09, 15:48
Hello,

That is the funny thing with panic attacks it puts your body on high alert. Every time something doesn't seem right it triggers a panic attack. You just got to remember to tell yourself that you are fine and put the fire out before it begins.

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best.

Randy

justine
03-12-09, 14:10
hi, i Really understand how you feel. i have had terrible anxiety for years every time i have a small physical symptom. like you mine was triggered initially by a health problem. i am new to this forum and i hope we can all help eachother. i am also a mum - of 4.