pink17
01-12-09, 15:47
I was just wondering what time be best time to take citalopram

kirstyelizabeth
01-12-09, 15:50
i was advised to take mine in the morning

Masa
01-12-09, 15:59
I take it at night around 9pm. I started doing this while having a bad side effects as I found it easier. Saying that a lot of people don't like taking it at night in case they get disturbed sleep, but it works for me.

Good luck! :)

pink17
01-12-09, 16:06
Thankyou,i took my first one yest at 4.30 pm,do you think it be ok to change it to 6pm?

Masa
01-12-09, 16:10
Yes that will be fine. I took my firsat pill at 10am and then after that started slowly changing a few hours ahead until I reached 9pm mark. You may get disturbed sleep, but I was happy with that (my sleep is just about getting back to normal - I've been on Citalopram for almost 12 weeks now).

I didn't like the side effects in a day while on my own, I prefered to be in bed and have my husband with me while having the worst of them.

Hope you're ok - it will get better - trust me! :)

gcl86
01-12-09, 17:58
Hi guys, i began taking mine in the evening around 7 as to avoid the worst of the side effects during the day. Now ive changed to first thing in the morning cos i have a bad habit of forgetting to take them in the evening!
Agree with Masa there,i said to my girlfriend during my bad side efects '' if im not sleeping and im up feeling awful, your staying up too...!'' lol
It may seem hard in the coming days or weeks but please stick with it!
Keep us updated with how you are suzt82!
All the best
G