PDA

View Full Version : anyone???

leelee100
01-12-09, 17:33
Hi there,

Havent been on here for a while. Ive been on citalopram now for 5wks and feeling much better. Though im still having my moments-but thats to be expected! Ive had bad stomach for the past 6 months too. on andoff,
doc said its stress related probably ibs. Ive had an abdominal scan and full blood count back in july-all normal. but my stomachs been increasingly annoying the last few weeks.going to the toilet lots, feeling gassy, bloated, rumbling, churning.im starting to worry its something serious? i hate it when this panic sets in....anyone hav this too? it comes on and off during the day but sometimes i have to lay down. thoughts or advice would be so much appreciated... Hope everyones good.:):huh:

L x

marchant
01-12-09, 18:09
Hi there,

Havent been on here for a while. Ive been on citalopram now for 5wks and feeling much better. Though im still having my moments-but thats to be expected! Ive had bad stomach for the past 6 months too. on andoff,
doc said its stress related probably ibs. Ive had an abdominal scan and full blood count back in july-all normal. but my stomachs been increasingly annoying the last few weeks.going to the toilet lots, feeling gassy, bloated, rumbling, churning.im starting to worry its something serious? i hate it when this panic sets in....anyone hav this too? it comes on and off during the day but sometimes i have to lay down. thoughts or advice would be so much appreciated... Hope everyones good.:):huh:

L x
Hi

I can relate to what you have said. It does sound like anxiety/panic and IBS. Have you mentioned any medication for IBS from your GP, there is an across the counter medication not sure of it's name, basically it stops the digestive system going into spasm, the name I have is Colofac IBS (mebeverine) an antispasmodic. It works for me. Do you do any relaxation or meditation - that would help. If you have had the tests and you GP says it is IBS and stress, then I would believe him.

Hope you feel better soon.

Marchant

looking4answers
01-12-09, 23:05
Yes recently gasses have been attacking me in a monsterous way ..so much it causes my heart to skip or feel that way ..its annoying and think it goes hand and hand with worry and anxiety .Take care feel better soon.Michael