PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

jmcf101579
28-01-04, 21:33
Hello, I am a 24/F and I have been suffering with anxiety since I am 16 years old. The last two years have been dreadful...dizzy constanly, off balance, my hands are shaky constantly,feeling not real, tired, achy. But this is all the time. Does anyone else feel like this all the time? I am sad and miserable and I feel like no one understands. Please respond to my post.

Jennifer M. Furino

sadie
28-01-04, 22:12
Hi Jennifer,

Im sorry to hear that you have been feeling so miserable but I promise that what you are feeling is anxiety and that It can be overcome.

The symptoms you mention are very common and if you have a good read at lots of different posts on this forum you will realise that this is the case.

You say you have suffered anxiety for 8yrs, what help and support have you received during this time? Also you say that the last 2 yrs have been the worse, is there a reason for that...has something happened to cause it to get worse?

There is lots of help and advice on this forum, just let us know how you are feeling, what scares you etc and we will do our best to help you out. We all are sufferers or have been sufferers, so we are definetly qualified in offering the best advice.

take care and keep in touch.

sadie

Meg
28-01-04, 22:13
Hi Jennifer ,

We can all relate to what you refer to and understand. We all get a different set of symptoms that may change now and again but personally I've had in the past all you mention.

Do have a really good hunt round the main site as well as this forum using key words in the search facility and d come back and post any questions or queries.

What are you doing to support yourself ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

mico
29-01-04, 00:01
Hi Jennifer

Anxiety can be frustrating at times, but there is a lot of friendly people on these boards that will offer any advice that you need.

Your symptoms are very common among anxiety sufferers and there is plenty of people using these boards with the same symptoms as you so you will have plenty of people to talk to here.

mico

uryjm
30-01-04, 21:34
Hi Jennifer
Your symptoms are well recognised by many of us on these Boards. Dizzy, not real, off-balance - it's no wonder you're exhausted and miserable. But it will get better, and hopefully here you'll find the way through.

Jim

stimpy
31-01-04, 00:21
Don't worry Jennifer, we've all been there at sometime or another.

Mr Panic is a nasty little peice of work. He likes to make you feel these things, and the more you feel these things the more he likes it, and so he gains power.

I was given a great tip by my CBT, she said everytime you feel a little "unreal" - ground yourself by stamping your feet on the floor and touching something. (This could be a wall, the floor, anything really as long as it is not attached to you. It's no good touching your coat for example, it has to be something solid and external.)

Once your anxiety dies down, these feelings will go away.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

benoo5
31-01-04, 01:20
hi jennifer,

if you go to the home page,you will see a link to anxiety,written by charlie...as you read it,you will see yourself...best wishes..bryan.