PDA

View Full Version : Contraceptive Implant

Ruby94
01-12-09, 20:55
I need answers ! :shrug:

Can this implant make you gain weight?

What have you expericed if you've had or have the implant.

I really like to know its serious. Please.

Cell block H fan
01-12-09, 21:39
I need answers ! :shrug:

Can this implant make you gain weight?

What have you expericed if you've had or have the implant.

I really like to know its serious. Please.

I didn't gain weight, had it in 10 months, but I got terrible depression & pmt with it. So had it taken out x

lula
01-12-09, 21:42
its different from person, it can make u retain water sometimes, my stomach got a bit bigger with my 1st one, i cant tell with the second as i developed IBS before i had my new one put in so cant tell whats what this time. but it doesnt in every1. i can increase or decrease ur apetite as well tho i think so you may gain or loose weight that way, basically it hard to say coz every1 reacts to it differently.

B-gal
01-12-09, 21:42
Hi there,

Weight gain varies from woman to woman. Some could gain a lot, a little or none at all. It all depends on the person. Hope this helps :)

xxx
xx
x

pd
01-12-09, 22:37
I gained a stone over the first four/five months but now seem to have stopped. I got it april ish (I think) so am now around 8 months in. A friend had hers taken out after gaining two stone in a year.

Ruby94
02-12-09, 09:45
i think i am going to get it removed.

Dolan1989
02-12-09, 09:46
I went to have it done but then chickened out when she went to put the needle in, becuse she was like "ooh this really hurts you know" so I just said forget it and left lol.

My firend had it done though and she got really depressed, not something she suffers with ever! She ended up getting it taken out and then felt fine.

don't mean to scare you becuase its different for everyone, and its probably worth a go because of the benefits.

In answer to your question, I don't know if it makes you put weight on. If it does though, you'd definately put less weight on having the implant than if you didn't and got pregnant hehe.

Nat x

Ruby94
02-12-09, 09:58
Thats very true dolan, haha. My guy hates condoms but this implant has messed with my hormones and made me depressed. I want it out even if it means no sex at all. I have to think of myself and when they gave me the implant it didnt hurt me atall.

They numbed it for me.

pd
02-12-09, 13:25
Yeah mine was numbed. If you're not getting on with the implant maybe go for the depo injection? It was fantastic, no weight gain, no period issues, I just kept forgetting to go and get a new one every three months :(

Cell block H fan
02-12-09, 14:50
Yeah mine was numbed. If you're not getting on with the implant maybe go for the depo injection? It was fantastic, no weight gain, no period issues, I just kept forgetting to go and get a new one every three months :(
I had a LOT of weight problems with the injection myself. After not having it again 3 months later (had been having it about 18 months) the weight just fell off me. I didn't diet. I went from size 14 down to 10.
I had started having the jab just after having my daughter, so a bit of it was pregnancy weight I guess, but there was no shifting it when I was on that injection.
Everyones different I guess.
I loved the no periods though! They were non existant for me :yesyes:

B-gal
03-12-09, 20:43
Hi Ruby,

I think if the implant is messing with you and you'd be happier without it surely your boyfriend would just learn to deal with wearing condoms? I think given a choice any guy would prefer to not wear a condom...lol. Personally I am not on the pill because I am too forgetful and I dont want to get the implant because the pill gave me horrible headaches and mood swings and Im worried the implant / injection would too

But my boyfriend is more than happy to use condoms each and everytime because we really dont want me to get pregnant. Huni if your bf cares about how you are feeling Im sure he should be willing to wear a condom. I think putting somethin on the end of it (to quote jeremy kyle lol) is a very small price to pay if it means you'll feel better.

xxx
xx
x