PDA

View Full Version : Time off work

vixstar
16-11-05, 20:38
Haven't posted on here for a while...but things are starting to get on top me again and feel like I need to get some issues off my chest.

I have been sleeping better than I was a few months ago which in nice but I am completley shattered. To the point where on Monday i broke down in tears at work, i have been so tearful recently. My boss decided that it would be good for me to take some annual leave so i am off work for the next week. I am quite worried about how I will spend the time, time off makes me anxious, i find it so difficult to relax. i feel so uncomfortable in my own body at the moment I just want to run away but I realise that I am unable to run away as everywhere I go I will be there, there is no escape from my own mind.

I am trying to remain positive, I understand that sometimes it is fine to let yourself feel low off a while. But I don't want to get beaten by the feelings of being anxious. I dont know if I am pushing myself too hard, i work 30 hours a week and I am studying at college part time. I like college as it gives me some purpose in my life.

I just feel like I will never feel good again. I am sick of this uncomfortable feeling. Recently my vision has been quite blurry. I cant really explain how I feel other than uncomfortable and I dont feel like me......

I am not sure what I am trying to say in this post really....just a general ramble really...

I hope that the time off work will give me time to relax...or at least try...am going for a haircut tomorrow and hopefully have a reiki treatment which was definitely be relaxing.....

Sus
16-11-05, 22:49
Hi, I am in a similar situation. I have been off work since mid September. I have pretty much confined to my flat as have trouble leaving it, this causes the panic. So 2 months so far some days I do feel pretty much climbing the walls. Have you any interests you can take daily while you are off work?? I make jewellery and spend a lot of time making this, the hours just fly by when Im doing it as I enjoy it. I also spend time on the web (if you have home access) playing ebay, (dont get addicted like me though, lol), or sell stuff on it, Ive made some money while I been off work selling the jewellery. Also I am reading a lot more now, so many books sitting on shelves that are unread here and I have taken up writing again also. Whatever your interests are try and make them productive, even if it is spending the day cooking a delicious meal for yourself or reading magazines. Daytime tv isnt too bad either :):)

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.
Ralph Blum

Meg
16-11-05, 23:01
Vixstar

Certainly try to use the time well to help yourself.

Sleep, eat well, drink enough water, exercise, relax.

If you can get ahead of yourself for your course that would be a bonus.

Planning for Christmas too, I'm sure the days will whizz by.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

vixstar
17-11-05, 22:20
god i am so tired after my 2nd day off work! i didnt realsie how much doing not very much makes you tired.

have had my hair cut today and done a bit of wandering in town. am ready for a good nights sleep!!!

i am going to do some reading and daytime television watching tomorrow

Meg
17-11-05, 22:48
Excellent - what about a walk too.

clickaway
17-11-05, 23:15
I'm not sure where you are, Vixstar, but down here in Surrey we have loads of blue sky and more is forecast, so perhaps do go for that walk, perhaps by a river or in a park - somewhere that is safe and comfortable.

I have been off for 2 years, but find I have plenty to do, although my tiredness means I rarely have a 'full' day of activity and suffer from motivational strength.

Anxiety does make us feel tired. I do find I am worse in the mornings so gradually pace myself to the point where I can get down to things.

Have you any niggling outstanding jobs that will really only take 5 minutes? I am a shocker for not doing those and of course they are just something else to worry about.

But take it easy this week - remember you have time off to relax, so try and do things that have a positive outcome and that avoid stress.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

vixstar
18-11-05, 14:14
the weather is quite nice here, im in york, its fairly chilly though, have been wandering again this morning. i also went for an eye test and i am slightly short sighted in one eye so i need glasses for driving and things like that. glad i have that sorted, now just need to get the money together for some glasses!

this afternoon i am going to watch some television. and make a shepards pie for tea! nice.

thank you for your comments everyone, it helps!!!