PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

nosurrender
01-12-09, 21:12
I just joined yesterday, need to speak to people who understand me.

Don't normally do the chat room/forum thing but have decided it will probably be beneficial.

My Agoraphobia started 13 years ago but wasn't diagnosed for 5 years.
I managed to keep working for the first 3 years but eventually had to stop.
After a course of CBT I learned about the condition and how to deal with it.
After repeatedly doing exercises which I learnt in CBT, I managed to get my head around getting back into work, I decided a change in vocation was needed so I enrolled in several courses in IT.

I have now been working for just over 3 years, and for most of the time I enjoy it, but every now and then I get reminded of my condition by way of a random panic attack, which then puts me on a downer and makes me think some ridiculous/irrational thoughts.
So now I’m thinking that CBT should be remembered and re-learned to cope with these situations.

Anyway, back to my introduction, I hope to make new friends on this site and share some experiences with other members.

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Cheers

:yesyes:

diane07
01-12-09, 21:14
Hi nosurrender

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

ladybird64
01-12-09, 22:09
Hi nosurrender (love the name!)

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear that you found something that worked for you, I have heard that these regressive "blips" are a common thing.

Anyway, it's good to have you with us, hope you'll find your time here beneficial.

Maj
01-12-09, 22:12
Hello, welcome to you. Dr. Claire Weekes says that through each setback we get stronger and recover. These blips are only wee setbacks, don't let them fool you into thinking you are going back to square one. You've done so well and should be proud of yourself. You'll meet lots of nice understanding people on here and will be comforted by that.
Myra:hugs:

gcl86
02-12-09, 17:33
Hey there, welcome aboard!
Dont let these random attacks worry you too much, even the best sportsman in the world cant score each game so a wee blip now and again aint a bad thing!
btw with that name your not a rangers fan are you?lol
Enjoy the forums and pm me if you need to chat at all mate!
G