PDA

View Full Version : feeling of asphyxiation!

pinkpiglet
01-12-09, 23:46
Hi Guys its been a while but here i am! as much as I value your advice and support I try to avoid this site when my anxiety is LOW as I..., well lets just say i'm busy catching up with all those things i couldnt do when my anxiety was HIGH!
Obviously, its creeping back to the surface otherwise i would'nt be here and i need some reassurance, advice, or whatever it is you lovely people have to offer me. Here goes.......

I am currently experiencing a sort of tightening in my throat/chest (In between the two) and it feels as if its asphyxiating me! Another way to describe it would be as if someone is squeezing my windpipe. It does not hurt, as such, but it is uncomfortable and terrifying!! It usually lasts about 5 seconds & and I have had this on and off for about 5 years although it usually only happens around 4 or 5 times a year. However, recently i am experiencing this every four days or so it can happen up to five or six times in a day. I have never really associated this with stress or anxiety before but just recently i am suffering really bad anxiety which as forced me to wonder wether this is yet another symptom or something totally unrelated. Does anyone else experience this as a symptom of anxiety? as anyone ever experienced this as a symptom of something medical?

Please help PP xx

looking4answers
01-12-09, 23:56
I have this quite often..one can be caused by anxiety, two can be caused by indigestion
three can be caused by sinus.. I have this happen a lot..almost for four years some weeks almost everyday ..and then every once in awhile I get it for a day or so. Its almost always caused by the reasons listed above. Michael

pinkpiglet
02-12-09, 00:07
phew! thanks for your speedy reply!!

I did wonder wether it could be down to indigestion, its something to consider. My auntie suffers with a hiatal hernia and i wondered wether it could be that i have the same but she does not experience anything like this!!
I will not consult Dr Google but it is tempting, thankyou again xx