PDA

View Full Version : Hello

36star
02-12-09, 11:00
I have suffered depression and panic attacks for 21 years. Due to a recent relationship breakdown, I have finally been able to admit to my family and friends the underlying reason for this.
I am currently off work, and being treated with anti-depressants. I am also going for my first counselling session this afternoon.
I thought I would join this forum, as it seems like a good place to seek support.

diane07
02-12-09, 11:02
Hi 36star

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

gypsywomen
02-12-09, 11:03
and that you will get on this site it helped me so much you wouldn't believe ,The thing is you can tell us anything and you wont be judged,just helped trough the bad times x

36star
02-12-09, 11:05
Thanks. I may not be around much to start with, as I am staying at my parents for a few days, but just spending a few hours a day at home, to make sure my cats don't feel like I have left them.

36star
02-12-09, 11:32
Just an after thought....
my mind is a bit muddled at the moment.
I am 36, live with 4 cats, who keep me sane most of the time.
I do have very supportive family and friends, but, as they say themselves, they can support me, but can't really understand what it is I go through.
i hope, that when I am feeling well again, I will be able to offer support and understanding to other people who are going through the bad times.

36star
08-12-09, 18:50
Just thought I would let you know, got my first counselling session for tomorrow.