PDA

View Full Version : Hello another new one

mummytoben
16-11-05, 22:20
:) Hi

Am I glad to find this site...phew...

I'm Vicky, 28 and started having panic/anxiety attacks 3 yrs ago after the birth of my son. It started with post natal depression and now I have panic attacks. have been on paroxetine, propranolol and thought I was getting better until my grandma died in febuary (bless her) and then the anxiety started again.
I find it hard to eat in public, going to unfamiliar places, anywhere that is busy etc.. It is hard trying to avoid places with a 3 yr old as I don't want anything to affect his up bringing and have even recently bought a caravan to get away and try different things LOL. Thanks so much for reading this and i'm looking forward to meeting new people on here who are going through the same thing because it is so lonely when nobody understands.

Vicky x

sal
16-11-05, 22:23
Hi Vicky and welcome

Lots of people will help you and i do know how hard it si suffering with a youngster. Here if you want to talk at anytime

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

pinkscrumpy
17-11-05, 07:37
Hi Vicky

Welcome to the site. You are not alone

[^][^]

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
Will I ever be free?
Wake me up from this nightmare.
Please just give me the key!

chucklehound
17-11-05, 08:43
Hi mummytoben and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some great friends too!!:D[^]:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Meg
17-11-05, 08:56
Hi Vicky

I'm glad it is hard to avoid with a little one or you would have been avoiding by now and that only makes things worse in the long run.

What other help have you had such as CBT ?

Pick one thing that you want to improve on and break it down into the smallest steps possible and just do one at a time.

Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308)
CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5287)
Starting CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5323)

No Panic run a telephone recovery service too.

Maxine's cbt progress. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2308)
CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5287)
Starting CBT (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5323)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

kazo
17-11-05, 09:17
Hi Vicky

Welcome to the site

Kazo xxx

dream
17-11-05, 09:27
hi vicky
welcome to this site
denisexx

denise

3faces
17-11-05, 09:42
Hi Vicky:D

I can relate to the things you've spoken about. I suffered with PN depression and I took Paroxetine which was great but after about a year of coming of them, I had PA's and anxiety attacks.
I have to say that I've found things do get easier in time because for me, I've learnt to understand why I do the things I do and control them better. I still have lots of issues but the main thing is to talk about them, as you're doing, and get help whenever you can. Have you tried Cognitive Behaviour Therapy? I couldn't afford to wait to see a therapist so have got as many books on the subject as I can.
PM me anytime if you want to chat and welcome to the forum!!

Jem xxx

bluesparkle
17-11-05, 10:17
hi vicky
welcome to this site... this is a great place to be you will get lots of support and advice here and make new friends... i too know what its like to be feeling like you are now and bringing up a child(i have four).
it will get better...
rach

mummytoben
17-11-05, 10:44
Thank you so much for the warm welcome :)

It is nice to talk to people who are going through the same thing. I am not taking any medication at the moment and am thinking about going to my gp to ask for help. The reason I stopped taking meds is because we was thinking about having another baby and I wanted meds totally out of my system first. Anyway thinking about it now I don't feel it is the right time to have another baby just yet because I cannot handle the way my anxiety is and having another little one around might make things worse at the moment.
I am a little scared about going back on to meds, do you think the anxiety will get worse if I try to do this alone?

Thanks
Vicky x

bluesparkle
17-11-05, 11:27
hi
i dont think it will make you worse doing it alone BUT... everyone is different! i do not take meds as this is my own personal choice but there are lots of people here who do and have managed to find the right one for them... im sure someone else will reply soon about meds as i do not know much about them...
years ago i took lofepramine, mellerol(no idea how to spell that) and diazepam and all were helpful at the time.
i know this isnt much help but i just wanted to say you will get better in time...
i have also seen a cousellor in the past...
but this site has just been brilliant and all the support i got here so hang on in there :) and go with what you feel is right
rach

Piglet
17-11-05, 13:02
Welcome to the site.

Love Piglet :)

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

JaneyJ
18-11-05, 13:23
Hi Vicky

Welcome to the site. My anxiety also started after having my son. Like you I try not to let it interfere with his wellbeing. There is loads of good advice on this web site. What I like is that when you are having a bad day, and just want some reassurance that you aren't going mad, there is always a topic to be found relevant to you.

Love
Janey

Peru83
20-11-05, 10:53
<center>WELCOME</center>

Take Carexx

Claire

trac67
20-11-05, 11:35
Hi Vicky,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
20-11-05, 12:16
Vicky

A warm welcome aboard the forum.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I am a little scared about going back on to meds, do you think the anxiety will get worse if I try to do this alone?</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

There is no reason why it should get worse without medication if you start to do all the other things that will help you feel better. E.G. good diet, exercise, relaxation etc etc.

If you have any specific worries then let us know ok.

Nicola

aussiegirl
20-11-05, 23:34
hi vicky [^]
i'm sure you'll find loads of valuable advice here [^]

PTSD sufferer 2 yrs
married mummy to 3 kids

kazo
21-11-05, 10:09
hi vicky

welcome to the site

kazo xxx