PDA

View Full Version : fear of fear

melvin
02-12-09, 11:09
hi can anyone help me i went down to the hospital today for a biopsy and camera down my throat as iv had a sore throat for awhile tes shows i have inflammation down my throat somewhere well anyway i have been worrying about it for awhile i got to hospital this morn they booked me in then when they started to get me ready and id spoken to the anaesthetist the fear just hit me i was really scared they offered me a diazepam but i cant take tablets i felt like i was in a corner like a trapped rat then i got a severe migraine so i had to leave it and come home i know i have to have it done but how do i get over this fear i tried to break it down ie is it the hospital the tablet the op i cant find the answer i think its fear of fear i don't know im the same with any tablets or the unknown

maddie
02-12-09, 11:13
Hi. If you let them know in advance, it is possible to get Diazepam in liquid form. Surely knowing what is going on is better than letting your mind imagine all the worst possible scenarios.
Try practising a visual relaxation, where you think of yourself in a place you would like to be. Use this technique to stay calm in the anaesthetic room.
Good luck.