PDA

View Full Version : drinking on citaloprm..?

leelee100
02-12-09, 12:18
hi there,

Ive been on citalopram for 5weeks now and starting to feel better...the thing is i really fancy a few beers now, but im worried what effect-if any-this might have. can anyone whose on citalopram offer any advice.Obviously im not gonna go binging but 2-3 pints a coupleof times a week would be nice. But not if its going to make me feel awful!

Help plse.x:)

Milo
02-12-09, 12:22
Hi Lee,

I have been on a very similar med for about the same amount of time. I have a few pints every night and I seem to be OK. But then again everyone does react differently,

suzy-sue
02-12-09, 13:00
Some people are ok with a few nowand again .But it would be best to just have one to start with and see how you are ,if you ar ok then have two .It doesnt pay to overdo it as it has been known to set you back .Anxiety the next day is another thing ..All the best Sue x

irishguy
02-12-09, 14:04
Ive drank on these and no side effects everyones different . Good luck.

Idstain
04-12-09, 12:26
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/863.aspx?CategoryID=73&SubCategoryID=103

nhs says it's fine :)

Danath
04-12-09, 12:58
hasn't killed me yet bud :)

Dan

pheetuz
04-12-09, 14:07
Hey

I went for 9weeks without drinking when i started taken cit but went out a couple of weeks ago and had a pretty mad one, drunk considerably more than i intended to and expected to feel terrible the next day but didnt feel any worse than i would have from normally drinking that much. I felt less anxious the next day if anything, which i thought was kind of worrying in itself, so im just trying to keep my drinking in check so i dont start using drink to "help" with my problems. But yeah i would agree with sue, have one or two and take it from there :)

/Pete

leelee100
04-12-09, 14:44
Thanks guys, i went out last night and ended up havin 4 pints. But no more hungover than usual. i made myself anxious a bit by thinking -i wonder what might happen? just paranoia! Had a really good night! :)

CD1985
07-12-09, 22:29
i drink on them and have no problems. I find if i binge drink i feel really anxious for a few days after and get really bad derealisation. so its ok to drink a bit but wouldn't advise drinking loads.

gemma81
09-12-09, 03:08
I have been taking citralopram 4omg for about 2 months now. At first I did not drink at all as I was too scared to. But recently have been drinking more and more.....the last few days have been hell, I have been felling lower and lower and the anxiety symptoms have come back. I also have felt suicidal, which I have never felt as bad as this before. I am putting all these symptoms down to the alcohol, as i was feeling excellent until I started drinking more and more.
I startde with just a glass of wine once or twice a week to drinking 2 glasses of wine every night...this has been going on for about a week now. So as of today I am not going to touch a drop of alcohol...It does not seem worth it. My feeling happy is worth so much more than a glass of wine!!

UrbanMark
19-12-09, 23:02
I didn't drink for 4 months when I started taking Cit. I now drink once a week, Friday usually, only Buds between 6 or 10 bottles in the pub. I'm drunk at the end of the night.

Not lasting bad effects for me.

angel_t
25-12-09, 00:10
At first I drank causiously - but I have had no problems with drinking and citalopram. I have felt fine the next day (if a little hung over!)

2-3 pints over a night is very little anyway, I personally don't think that will be a problem.

Gaz1981
25-12-09, 14:39
I was hammered last night and I'm fine today. I remember getting colossal hangovers when I was on them last time, but as of yet, there's nothing.

squealer666
25-12-09, 23:15
no side effects for me too, except for a bit of hangover :D

Gaz1981
28-12-09, 15:44
I went out on Boxing Day and ended up hammered (I was being fed Jagerbombs) Yesterday I had the most colossal hangover ever that lasted the entire day. The moral of the story is, getting drunk on Citalopram is fine, but if you go too far, you're going to pay for it. Be careful!

smudger
28-12-09, 20:45
Hi. I drank wine sensibly n it never affected me on citalopram!.xx good luck nntake it easy to start with