PDA

View Full Version : normal to feel ill after blood tests???

Kirst24
02-12-09, 12:22
Just wondering if anyone knows if this is normal.. had blood tests taken at doctors this morning, had quite a bit of blood taken and was really worried before it and hadn't had anything to eat. Its not about 3 hours since I had the blood taken but I still feel really faint and weak and can't stand up without feeling like i'm going to faint. Is this normal?!

peter34uk
02-12-09, 13:23
You need to eat and have a sweet cup of tea i think. I think panicking makes it a whole lot worse. U can feel funny after tests for a bit.

mandyclare
02-12-09, 13:49
yeah have a snack and drink. you will be fine i'm sure x

miss_moose
02-12-09, 15:04
Yep, i feel really faint and lightheaded after bloodtests too, its completely normal.
I go for a lie down, put a big fan blowing on my face, have something sweet to drink like orange juice or cuppa with sugar and a chocolate biscuit.
When you go to give blood they give you tea and a biscuit after too to help you to feel better.

nomorepanic
02-12-09, 16:03
When you go to give blood they give you tea and a biscuit after too to help you to feel better.

Blimey where do you get blood taken I will be there! My GP's surgery just kick you out the door - they don't have time for tea and biscuits lol. :roflmao:

If it was a starvation blood test then you need to eat straight away afterwards or you will feel faint.