PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i am new and i need help

rajju077
17-11-05, 00:01
Hi all,
i have been suffering from panic attacks since 2 weeks, they came on to me all of a sudden, even though i have no depression or stress, or anxiety. I am a very cheerful and optimistic person and have been through depressive conditions and made a cheerful recovery.
3 months back my gynaec gave me estrogen to regulate my menses, and i guess estrogen and coffee dont go to gether. on 27th october i had my first panic attack, and subsequent insomnia and depression because of estrogen withdrawal effects.
I was rushed off to the general physician, who gave me a tranquilizer, diazepam, and zopiclone as a sleeping pill. After a couple of days i went to the neurologist, since i realised this is not a case for psychiatrists. She said my vegetative system is hyperactivated because of the estrogen and caffeine is strictly prohibited.
I have been prescribed Cortikzone injections ( 10 of them ), multivitamins with amino acids, anxiolytic and nootropic drug called NOOFEN, and a choline derivative called GLIATILIN. I was also prescribed cipralex, but i havent had it yet. Its been 2 weeks since i took the medicines, and it has been working fine, and my insomnia has gone too. No effects on my memory or intelligence ( i am a medical student, studying in Ukraine).
But today in the evening, i consumed coke, in celebration, and the panic attack hit me 6 hours later, at 12 am. My main fear is that i will go mad, or i am going mad, and that no one around will be able to control me if i scream or rave. It's this fear that gets me panicky, even though my neurologist assured me i will not become insane. I had diazepam 5 mg, 1 and half tablet to calm myself.
My question is for anyone who can help me, has anyone had a problem similar to mine? estrogen wrecking the nervous system?

mirry
17-11-05, 08:05
Hi Rajju

I havent had anything hormonal given to me except the contraceptive pill, it made me very angry and short tempered.
It is possible the hormones you are taking would cause your emotions to go all over the place,
Is it vital you take them?

mirryx

Meg
17-11-05, 09:03
Monica,

Hormonal issues can upset our internal balance so its great that it has been identified early so you can start to get it out of your system.

Go with your doctors advice and keep off caffiene and that includes too much chocolate and certainly Red Bull etc

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

rajju077
17-11-05, 11:54
hi all,
thanks for replying. Well i have stopped the estrogen since 27th october, i just wondered how much time it wil take to get it out of the system. With luck i will meet my neurologist again today. let's see what she says.
thanks